NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Homebrew beer

Does anybody here brew their own beer? I'm thinking of doing it myself and would like to know how and where to buy a kit.

I've seen kits in Morrisons and little independent shops, but I wouldn't have the slightest clue in how to brew it, I guess you just have to follow the instructions you get. Or check youtube out, someone will surely be on there to show the world how its done!

Vaguely you will need some yeast a airtight container and some water, hops and something malted. Its easier to make wine or cider though.

What type of beer are you trying to make?

I vaguely know a guy who does a lot of this... the resulting beer is supposed to taste disgusting, but then I think that of most beer.

Vaguely you will need some yeast a airtight container and some water, hops and something malted. Its easier to make wine or cider though.

What type of beer are you trying to make?

I'm not really fussed which type.

How do you make wine/cider?

I'm not really fussed which type.

How do you make wine/cider?

Get a juice put it in a airtight container and leave it for atleast 6 weeks (the longer you leave it the better it tends to get). Remove the clear liquid from the sediment and you have your dry cider : peace: . Problem is getting a juice that is unpasteurised. You can get it from the company i work for but we are in hampshire(could send it in the post i suppose).

Or you could get a pasteurised juice from the supermarket etc and add a wine/champagne yeast to it.

You can get a cheap kit from Wilkinson's - makes decent stuff too. You can also order it online I believe, or just pop in and get it.

They sell kits for allsorts too - beers, ciders, wines. I tried wine last year and it wasn't half bad - although wine is a bit of a hassle since you have to sterilise much more stuff. I'd advise going with cider for the first time.. and everyone loves cider. Beer is a bit more hit and miss. The key thing to do is to sterilise everything with the powder/Campden tablets since bacteria = foul taste. And just follow the instructions, wait a while, then most importantly - get hammered!

Sign in to follow this