NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McPhee

Cyan coloured streaks on screen

If i'm getting Cyan coloured streaks on all the black lines my monitor displays it's bad, right?

It doesn't happen all the time, but it's getting more and more frequent! I'm guessing something is up with the graphics card, but the temps are ok, either that or it's reading the wrong temp and they aren't fine :hmm:

If i'm getting Cyan coloured streaks on all the black lines my monitor displays it's bad, right?

It doesn't happen all the time, but it's getting more and more frequent! I'm guessing something is up with the graphics card, but the temps are ok, either that or it's reading the wrong temp and they aren't fine :hmm:

Updated graphics card driver?

Checked all the plugs are plugged in tightly? (power and dvi/vga connection)

I don't think temps would cause that sort of a problem, I imagine your PC would crash or restart with high temps, rather than cause that sort of issue.

If its not that then I imagine your monitors on its way out, sadly. :(

Do you mean black pixels are replaced by cyan ones?

Do you have an old monitor or graphics card lying around? It might be best to try switching stuff around to try and make sure you know what it is for sure before you go out and replace anything.

Time to dig out the warranty and see how long i'm covered for then, i only bought it a year ago (just over a year ago, sadly). I suppose if it is the monitor then it'll give me an excuse to replace it with a 24" jobby :smile:

Do you mean black pixels are replaced by cyan ones?

Do you have an old monitor or graphics card lying around? It might be best to try switching stuff around to try and make sure you know what it is for sure before you go out and replace anything.

I mean vertical Cyan streaks in black areas. Will try taking a picture next time it happens.

Bit buggered for spare parts, no spare Gcards and the only other monitor is hooked up to the downstairs PC. Moving it won't go down well, so i'll wait til the next time i have a few hours in the house on my tod + do some testing.

EDIT: Thinking about it i've never had this problem when playing Xbox 360 games. I'm not so sure it is my monitor tbh.

Updated graphics card driver?

Checked all the plugs are plugged in tightly? (power and dvi/vga connection)

I don't think temps would cause that sort of a problem, I imagine your PC would crash or restart with high temps, rather than cause that sort of issue.

Oh bad news for me then, I've got several of them on the side of my screen and a red/blue one in the middle. Whoops. :shakehead

I

Time to dig out the warranty and see how long i'm covered for then, i only bought it a year ago (just over a year ago, sadly). I suppose if it is the monitor then it'll give me an excuse to replace it with a 24" jobby :smile:

I mean vertical Cyan streaks in black areas. Will try taking a picture next time it happens.

Bit buggered for spare parts, no spare Gcards and the only other monitor is hooked up to the downstairs PC. Moving it won't go down well, so i'll wait til the next time i have a few hours in the house on my tod + do some testing.

EDIT: Thinking about it i've never had this problem when playing Xbox 360 games. I'm not so sure it is my monitor tbh.

I had black flashing streaks across my screen a few times. On one occasion the plugs weren't screwed in tight enough, or the graphics card was slightly dislodged. The second was an update on the graphics card which fucked it up, so I reverted it back to the graphics driver Vista had installed by default (who would know vista would have a BETTER graphics driver :shakehead )

Use it as an excuse to buy a big bastard of a tv to hook up to it :heh:

Use it as an excuse to buy a big bastard of a tv to hook up to it :heh:

40" TV already on my shopping list, just waiting on the right deal. A new monitor will bugger up my plans.

Gonna try updating my drivers now

Sign in to follow this