N-Europe

Laptop + Beer = ?

rokhed00

Last night I spilled a little bit of beer on the keyboard of my wifes laptop and it just shut down. What are the odds of it working again when it dries out, it wasn't much that got spilled on it, and if it comes to the worst it is insured, so can get it fixed or replaced, but it'd be nice if it was just a matter of waiting a couple of days and it'll work again.

It should work, but you want to open it and put it in a dry place for at least 24 hours. Take the battery out and dry it out, check there's no visible liquid (you could wipe it or use a hairdryer if it has a cool setting).

I've seen it happen more than once, one time it was water and more than just 'a little' and the laptop works today :)

It should work, but you want to open it and put it in a dry place for at least 24 hours. Take the battery out and dry it out, check there's no visible liquid (you could wipe it or use a hairdryer if it has a cool setting).

I've seen it happen more than once, one time it was water and more than just 'a little' and the laptop works today :)

Cheers, I'll open it up today and make sure that it's all dried out.

You have a wife? I thought you were gay?

Keep up darling.

This happened to my friend a few times, each time it was very little beer, he let it dry out for a few days but the keys wouldn't work properly so he had to send it to get fixed.

You may as well wait a few days and see what happens and you might get lucky, but judging from my friends' experiences, I wouldn't get your hopes up.