NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dwarf

PS3 Help

When I bought my PS3 I created 2 Users. One I created for my Dad (even though he won't play on the PS3) because I'm not 18 and I did not want to create an online account saying I was 18. So I made my Dad an account and it is the main account.

Then I made the sub-account for me, saying I was 15.

I haven't been able to get the sub-account online.

Now I just want to do this: make my User and online account the main account and get rid of my Dads account so I don't have to use his account to go online with his PSN ID.

Do I have to start anew? If I deleted both Users, would that get rid of my save data? Will I be able to make a new user and be able to use my same ps3 ID?

I don't have a clue what I have to do!

You can make a new user and just retype the PSN ID login into the Playstation Network area.

Now that probably makes sense to normal people but I didn't really understand. Can I delete the other users without losing data?

Users > Deleting users

Deleting users

If there are multiple users, you can delete users who are no longer needed. Log in as the user whom you want to delete. Select the icon of the user, press the button, and then select [Delete] from the options menu. When the user is deleted, the following types of data stored on the hard disk that are managed by the user will be deleted.

* Data downloaded (purchased) from (PLAYSTATION®Store), such as games or additional items for games*

* Messages sent and received under (Friends)

* Bookmarks, history and settings added under (Internet Browser)

* Saved data for PLAYSTATION®3 format software

* Information on the image that has been set as wallpaper under (Photo)

* Words from the predictive text dictionary, text entered via the keyboard and other content saved under (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Add / Edit Term]

* Keyboard or mouse settings that were set under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings)

* Demos and other content downloaded for free from (PLAYSTATION®Store) may not be deleted.

From Sony's mouth.

What about a game that I downloaded on my Dads user but is still playable on my user?

And if i deleted my dads user that would still mean my account is a sub-account and it still wont be online

My problems condensed:

I want to delete my Dad's User

I want to Make my sub account the main account so I can download PSN games

I want to get that account online so I can play games (at the moment all I can do is message people for some reason)

I don't want to lose any save data.

Would this work: save all of my memory data onto a memory stick somehow, then delete the users, then make a new PS3 online ID and use it as a main account (also saying im 18)?

Thing is by doing that I would lose Snakeball and have to re-enter all the online settings.

Wah!

you should just set up two completely seperate main accounts...you can freely share content on the console...there is so thing as a main account...all normal accounts are the same worth./

I don't understand what I need to do? Can some-one show me step by step what I need to do?

Sorry for being a pleb.

right tis really simple just log out of all your accounts and create a new user...thats it job done! don't set it up as a sub account or anything...I have 3 accounts on my PS3 and thats how I have done each of them and stuff I download on one comes up on the other and vice versa...

hehe pleb havn't heard that word for years...

But data doesn't transfer so I'd have to keep logging in and out to get to the right save-data. My PSN Id sub-account doesn't go online I think because I'm 15, even if it's Fifa.

I was thinking of creating a seperate account but I want 1 user so everything I want is accessible in ONE place.

But data doesn't transfer so I'd have to keep logging in and out to get to the right save-data. My PSN Id sub-account doesn't go online I think because I'm 15, even if it's Fifa.

I was thinking of creating a seperate account but I want 1 user so everything I want is accessible in ONE place.

all the data between my two accounts transfers im pretty sure...

Downloaded stuff and installed stuff is accessible between all accounts on a single PS3. However, games saves do not transfer.

The only way to do this is reformat your hard drive. If you have any game saves you want to keep store them on a USB stick.

Once you have reformatted your hard drive, you can press the 'sign in' button on the XMB. Then rather than create a new online account, just put in your existing username and password.

Viola...everything in one place.

Sign in to follow this