NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

I'm amazed theres no thread for this game yet it looks absolutely incredible!

And if this is the supposed "leaked" setlist then I'm one happy camper!

*Edit* removed this setlist it was bollocks!

Yeah the game looks incredible and a massive advancement on Rock Band. Personally it's a little annoying as I haven't had Rock band long, spent a lot of money and now this is coming out, so Im going to have two sets of kit in my room......Hmmmm.....

But I'm definitely getting this, and getting the Wii version too - it does have EVERYTHING the other versions do doesn't it?!

I'm sure it's missing out on something like a song creator, isn't it? It has downloadable content, online, etc. though, which is all I need. I'm crap at making music anyway. :heh:

I ctrl+F'd for Muse and only turned up one mention of them. Not good enough!

I'm sure that's not the full list, Frosty.

Song Creator?!?!?!??! Please don't say that, thats the most exciting bit. I'll have to get the PS3 version otherwise, but I REALLY want to buy the Wii version.....ARGH!!!! For fuck sake, I hate shit like this!

Yup the Wii version will have all the features of the 360 and PS3 including DLC, band creation, and of course music studio!

You should check out how comprehensive the music creation tool is - it's stunning!

I have seen and it is incredible. I personally think the Band Bros one is the best Ive used so far, incredible, especially how it works in game too. If this is as good as it looks and when you play the guitar to record you can assign the notes......would be perfect!! I can't wait and will make the absence of no Nintendo developed games a little easier to stomach. This absolutely embarrasses Rock Band 2

Yup the Wii version will have all the features of the 360 and PS3 including DLC, band creation, and of course music studio!

You should check out how comprehensive the music creation tool is - it's stunning!

I'm sure I read that the wii song creator wont be as in-depth as other versions. Time will tell. Really can't remember the source though. :confused:

Anyway, I'll get this for the Wii purely as I've got GH3 and the guitar will be uber handy. If I can get it with just drums (ala RB) I'll take that route. Not too fussed about the new guitar tbh. If d/loadable content is as awesome as possible consider RB crossed off my list completely.

It would be nice to see some of the GH3 downloadable content finally brought to wii in GH4 too. Especially as the rights have been bought.

I can't wait and will make the absence of no Nintendo developed games a little easier to stomach. This absolutely embarrasses Rock Band 2

Agreed - this is my most anticipated game this year, better start saving eh? lol

I'm sure I read that the wii song creator wont be as in-depth as other versions. Time will tell. Really can't remember the source though. :confused:

Yeah I read that too but then Activision have replied to this and stated on more than one occassion that the Wii version would have all the features of it's rivals - makes sense too as Guitar Hero III sold more on the Wii than on PS3 or 360 - great to see a developer putting some effort in to the Wii version for a change!

Yeah I read that too but then Activision have replied to this and stated on more than one occassion that the Wii version would have all the features of it's rivals - makes sense too as Guitar Hero III sold more on the Wii than on PS3 or 360 - great to see a developer putting some effort in to the Wii version for a change!

Indeed, even GHIII featured online and they tried to get DLC. This was refreshing in a time when third-party developers always made a point of omitting Wi-Fi from the Wii versions of multiplatform games. I love Activision. :)

Harmonix aren't putting online in Rock Band 1 or 2 for the Wii, are they?

Harmonix aren't putting online in Rock Band 1 or 2 for the Wii, are they?

Rock Band 1 - No!

Rock Band 2 - no word yet and none on DLC either

Personally the kit for Guitar hero 4 looks far better plus with having GHIII that means I have a Bass Guitar too - so great for 4 player goodness.

I just think this music creation tool which is so comprehensive will be incredible - its so complex many people won't use it - however those that do and use it well will be adding awesome tunes to download free of charge. Just think we'll at last get our Nintendo tunes on Guitar Hero!

Song for the Dead? Sign me the fuck up!

Oh shit, that's right, there's drums in the game too! Song for the Dead on drums! This list better be true.

Oh yes, especially if Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight was included. You too can be the Cadbury's gorilla!

Song for the dead! Assassin! Johhny B. Goode! Are you gonna go my way?!

EVERLONG?!!!

I wish this was guitar-only, as I don't really want to have to buy everything else, too. Just knowing its not guitar-only means I'll feel guilty for missing out if I don't get the whole lot.

What a fucking pickle.

I ctrl+F'd for Muse and only turned up one mention of them. Not good enough!

Muse aren't the only (or even the best) band in the world y'know? One mention is enough surely?

Muse aren't the only (or even the best) band in the world y'know? One mention is enough surely?

Well, when you consider that Tool got three.:heh:

Although, Tool are awesome.

And, look at those opening songs. The Middle! Today! Aahhhhh!

Its like my playlist recreated in geeeta hiro form.

Oh yes, especially if Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight was included. You too can be the Cadbury's gorilla!

You have no idea how much I would cream over that.....

I think the good people at Vicarous Visions need commending for the Wii version. Activision threw the task of a Wii/PS2 port here, and they even managed to find a way to include DLC. VV, I salute you!

That setlist is fucking amazing. Seriously. So many of my favourite bands on there and amazing songs of theirs too. Cannot wait. Guitar hero is now my favourite game series :)

I think the RB2 setlist is better than the GHWT setlist tbh - though it is close.

Do set-lists even technically matter nowadays, with DLC?

Actually, the idea of a set-list is now redundant.

Perhaps not.

Still - if you do want to go down the DLC route, RB2 has already got it beat, with DLC from RB being compatible; AND with the ability to burn songs from RB1 to the hard drive for use on RB2 as well.