NEurope
omnia

Rumor: Resident evil 5, wii.

"If RE4 comes out on any other platform than the GC, I'll cut my own head off."? I wonder how many heads that guy has.

He was the inspiration for Orochi

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10548

Capcom Asks: Do You Want Resi Evil 5 on Wii?

A new survey from Capcom is floating around the Internet, with certain lucky folk being given the chance to throw in their views on Resident Evil 5. One of the questions asked relates to what Capcom could do to the game to make people want to buy the game more. Amidst possible answers such as 'The expansion of online modes' and 'A vast amount of extras and hidden elements after clearing the game' to choose from, the key one for Nintendo fans definitely has to be 'The release of a Wii version'.

Obviously after the success of Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, as well as the continued impressive sales of the straight port of Resident Evil 0 on Wii in Japan, Capcom is definitely considering bringing over a version of RE5 to Wii, but wants to know how many people would be interested.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=51733

Capcom survey asks about Resident Evil 5 on Wii

Reader Ghetto_Ninja recently took a survey that was put together by Capcom. One of the questions asked what would make us want to purchase Resident Evil 5 more. Check out the question below.

re5w.jpg

Make of it what you will. I know I am going to purchase the game no matter what, but I couldn’t resist a Wii version if one happened.

Where are these surveys?! Out of that list I would choose:

- Appearance of past characters

- Conclusion to the Umbrella battle

- Wii version

- Vast amount of extras and hidden elements after clearing the game [can't believe that wasn't ticked!]

Surely it's way to late to be changing any story info though!

Great find. Maybe we too will get FF XIII.

Heh-heh...Heheheheh...heeeeeeeeheeeeeeeheeeeeeeee (insanity) hahhahahahahahahahahahhhhahahahahahahahahahahah (with drool)

...Basically: No.

But I feel game companies should utilize more surveys like this. ESPECIALLY Nintendo.

I dunno how serious that poll is. I mean some of the options are a bit silly, like obviously they're not going to give the game an "increase in violence and cruelty" if lots of people pick it.

Yes hell. Why the hey not, it would be cheaper than making a stand alone game for the Wii.

Actually no. They'd have to redo all the graphics, perhaps completely redo certain scenes and so on. A new Wii exclusive game based on the RE4 engine would be cheaper and might sell better.

How does one get their hands on this survey? I hope "a Wii Version" comes out with a ton of votes, from what many people say after E3 that RE5 isn't really that far ahead of RE4, a downgraded version using the RE4 engine (or update thereof) should be a nobrainer.

And Capcom are giving us Dead Rising "because of the success of RE on the Wii", well then wouldn't it make more sense to give us MORE RE?

BTW, does anyone know just how well RE:Zero Wii is doing in Japan?

How does one get their hands on this survey? I hope "a Wii Version" comes out with a ton of votes, from what many people say after E3 that RE5 isn't really that far ahead of RE4, a downgraded version using the RE4 engine (or update thereof) should be a nobrainer.

And Capcom are giving us Dead Rising "because of the success of RE on the Wii", well then wouldn't it make more sense to give us MORE RE?

BTW, does anyone know just how well RE:Zero Wii is doing in Japan?

RE:0 Wii actually broke into the top 10 on it's first week... I think. A few tens of thousands it would have sold, which is not too bad considering the original didn't set the country alight AND the fact that this had no new features whatsoever.

This survey is floating around a select few Capcom sites. What baffles me is that people who are willing to take a "Resident Evil 5 survey" are no doubt the people who have their eye in for the game already (ie, on 360/PS3), so why would they care about a Wii version? Capcom should bring this survey to Wii owners.

I really do think this will come to the wii eventually. I cannot see why not besides graphics which we now know is not a major issue.

I really think dead rising has given me a lot of hope.

I'm still hoping more for a remake on RE2 running on the RE4 engine, or a brand new game which is built specifically for the Wii.

I'd prefer a remake of 2 like teh remake of one.. using the old style of resident evil.

I really don't think they should dessert it.

I have better idea. They keep the old resi style and with the press of a button go into shooter mode like UC!

sounds similiar to fatal frame/project zero.. where with the press of a button you go into first person view.

even luigi's mansion to a small extend.

it's been done but with this I don't think it would work that well. But you're right if the old style would need something new and fresh otherwise It will be considered a re-hash and by new and fresh I don't mean character swapping like in resident evil zero.

The thoughts of what Capcom could do if they make any game with the RE4 engine v1.1 just dazzle me.

I'd be surprised if there was no such game in development actually. I do hope it's new stuff, but an RE2make would be pretty awesome too. Never played RE2.

i would really love res 5 on the wii using the res 4 wii controls cause at the moment they r the best first/third person controls out, metroid prime 3 controls were pretty good but res 4 controls were still better, but i really don't seein it happen, to them they wouldn't make much of a profit i would say, and anyway for the moment i will be gettin it for the 360

i would really love res 5 on the wii using the res 4 wii controls cause at the moment they r the best first/third person controls out, metroid prime 3 controls were pretty good but res 4 controls were still better, but i really don't seein it happen, to them they wouldn't make much of a profit i would say, and anyway for the moment i will be gettin it for the 360

well prime 3 controls were better due to the fact you can run and shoot at the same time..

well prime 3 controls were better due to the fact you can run and shoot at the same time..

Yes i agree it is rubbishnot being able to run and shoot

I do agree with u there, but i felt at times that the prime 3 controls were a bit clumsy at times. But the res 4 controls were dead on

I do agree with u there, but i felt at times that the prime 3 controls were a bit clumsy at times. But the res 4 controls were dead on

well prime 3 had trouble with thsoe switch things... where you had to twist and turn and other crap.. I don;t think this happens in any crucial moments in the game though but it's still gimmicky.. resident evil 4 is a very good scheme.. apparantly medal of honour 2 heroes is supposed to be better again and conduit again..

one thing is for sure.. wiimote is a kick ass controls for shooters so WHY don't we have more of them..

Yes i agree it is rubbishnot being able to run and shoot
Kind of what made RE4 more exciting though. It's part of the gameplay mechanics.

Wouldn't be surprised if they changed that in a Wii-specific game though.