N-Europe

Wii MotionPlus- 1:1 add on

Hellfire

Dudes... Check this out. 1:00 in, 1:51 in. What's that hanging under the Wiimote? No nunchuck-attachment for sure. Looks to me as if they had this upgrade hanging around long time.

http://cube.ign.com/dor/articles/651334/tgs-2005-revolution-teaser-video/videos/revolutiontrailer_091605_daudio.html

Sorry if anyone else noticed this, but thought it might be worth mentioning (cleaning out my hdd, watching some old vids for old time's sake, found this, couldn't believe what I'm seeing).

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudes... Check this out....

That's just what the nunchuck port used to look like. It used to be a box that clicked into the bottom of the wii-mote rather than the small square plug it is now. Remember, the wii-mote used to be smaller as it had no speaker on it when initially unveiled.

chuck-1.jpg

Nice spot though ;)

That's just what the nunchuck port used to look like. It used to be a box that clicked into the bottom of the wii-mote rather than the small square plug it is now. Remember, the wii-mote used to be smaller as it had no speaker on it when initially unveiled.

Nice spot though ;)

Really? Dang. So in that commercial, they just connected the Nunchuk-wire to the nunchuk-box instead of attaching the box? Lolz.

Worth a try, thanks for bringing me down :D

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10564

InvenSense: MotionPlus Technology Not Exclusive

The Wii’s MotionPlus technology could be making its way into other periperals, according to creator InvenSense.

According to Eurogamer, it seems that other companies have expressed interest in working with the MotionPlus abilities, and that InvenSense’s relationship with Nintendo is "not an exclusive" one.

"Of course we're incredibly pleased - delighted would probably be a better adjective - that Nintendo approached us... but it's not an exclusive relationship. I can't get into details about other folks that are interested in this technology, but as you might imagine of course there is more interest out there."

Will we be seeing similar technology in Microsoft and Sony’s future hardware efforts? It’s likely. But for now, Nintendo’s MotionPlus has the potential to be a winner.

Shouldn't Nintendo buy the company, a majority share in it, or the technology or something, in order to keep it exclusive?

Saying that, it would probably be a waste of money because it's too late for Sony/Microsoft to really think about Motion Sensing this generation; and leading up to the next generation Sony/Microsoft could just invest in some other company to produce gyroscope motion controllers for them, should they want to go down that route!

After all the other Nintendo copying MS have been doing recently, I imagine their next console will be controlled an x-mote or something like that. I imagine sony isn't going to want the PS4 to be the only console without proper motion sensing, so, they're probably going to go down the same route.

Shouldn't Nintendo buy the company, a majority share in it, or the technology or something, in order to keep it exclusive?

Saying that, it would probably be a waste of money because it's too late for Sony/Microsoft to really think about Motion Sensing this generation; and leading up to the next generation Sony/Microsoft could just invest in some other company to produce gyroscope motion controllers for them, should they want to go down that route!

Posted that on the main site days ago T_T

Damn you forum whipper snappers for not going on the main site...