N-Europe

Nintendo is the Bird, everyone else is THE BIRDMAN

Guest Maase

Guest Maase

You should really read all the article, Jamba...

Believe me, there's a lot more in the article than it seems

Time man! Time! I need to write a GOOD covering letter to apply for a testing job with Disney Int. and try and come up with some designs for this guys logo before I leave for work at 4:30. And I gotta eat sometime too... I'll get back to it. Promise ;)

I haven't read all of it myself (it is a huge collection of text!) But I've skimmed quite a bit. What caught me the most is the 'disruptive' bit. Arguably, we've had a number of bridge-like titles from Nintendo (MK Wii and Wii Sports to some capacity to name a couple) with it having some kind of shine, and not just being a dumb-it-down quick fix title.

There is definitely a missing link here between Nintendo and most other third parties when it comes to that playground, and with third parties seemingly continuing down that line, will they catch on?

Guest Maase

Oh, they will, believe me..

If the Disrupt thery works as Nintendo planned it, in the future, Wii will only sell "Upward" games, that's why they say the console will endure much more years than the other consoles ;)

Still, for the system to work, they'l have to be careful, if they take too much time or few time, the sistem will go down. Maybe 2 years (this EA) is enough for the Ultimate Bridge, like i said before?

Good read, I hadn't seen this before actually.

I think he underplays the "nintendo factor" a little bit though, would take more than that convince me that part of third parties problems is not that people buy nintendo consoles, primarily, for nintendo franchises.

What are Wii sales nowadays? 25million ish? GC sold 22million and that console didn't have the draw of the controls. It also came at generally downbeat time for nintendo. The "core" nintendo fan is still the heartbeat of the Wii imo.

It's you?? :o:shakehead :p
Hell no xD

Microsoft is that you?

Microsoft_Wireless_Controller_Pink_Xbox360.jpeg

that and...

"quick! copy them wiimotez! and quick "invent" the Mii-too's"

Birdmen ultimate/unleashed/extreme/overclocked/steroids or something.

They're Birdo's! (they're willing to change "gender" each time someone else has success showing no strategy other than "chase chase chase! copy copy copy!", yet they dive head down (because it's faster more aerodynamic... and deadlier for themselves) and without a helmet each time thinking "well, if I get hurt my daddy will pay my fix, replace my motherboard with a falcon and buy me some exclusives")

Now flapping: Activision

With the Wii on track to be the leading platform by Christmas, the company's move to expand its offering has been in the works for more than a year. The first titles under the "Wee 1ST" brand include Little League World Series 2008, Rapala Fishing Frenzy and Dancing with the Stars: Get Your Dance On. More games will be announced in the upcoming weeks, all of which will hit shelves this holiday season.

We just have to hope Nintendo move upstream.

They've left a lot of their fans for dead, just like the Swedish right flank party that won the previous elections did. Now they're being criticized for making cuts in the military budget (they were always the ones who were pro-army, for example in 1981 they made the decision to start developing the Gripen without really letting the other parties, that had lost their election react), and not reducing the taxes on gas (in sweden you pay over 1,40 euros for a litre of fuel, 75% of that is taxes). Now the polls say that in the next election they'll loose, because they've tricked their core voters.

If Nintendo won't do more for the upstream/core gamers, or basically the gamers that have been with them for ages (Onrail Starfox isn't exactly a hardcore game, I mean, it's a stick for steering, a button for the guns and another for bombs, and for advanced players there's the option to make barrelrolls), won't invest in the Wii2 and get a Xbox 720 (or whatever the formats will be called).

This phase has passed for the DS, with third parties making everything from flightsims, to realistic racers and remakes of Final Fantasy. With Conduit coming, there might be a change somewhat soon.

For me darkjak you compeletely contarcdicted yourself with your last paragraph!! That disapproves the rest of your post. LOOK AT THE DS. That also had a simailr underwhelming 3rd party response. Now look at it.

I kind of agree wiht your sentiments, Nintendo need to keep creating their core games (which for me they are at a faster rate than ever before and much better quality), and also need to fix some niggling issues - primarily hard drive but also improve their online service (which from Mario Kart they are).

Nintendo doesn't care about the core Wii gamer! Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Brawl, Metroid, Wario, SPM,...

Yep, they totally need to do more core games or the gamers that have been with them (read: the ones who played Marios, Zeldas, Metroids, Marios, etc) will buy a Xbox. Yep.

Also, an on-rails shooter isn't hardcore, because it uses a stick and two buttons, that's totally true, on-rail games are usually mass titles that everyone from 9 to 99 love. It's not hardcore, unless it has 324 buttons!

Dear Lord.

Nintendo doesn't care about the core Wii gamer! Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Brawl, Metroid, Wario, SPM,...

Yep, they totally need to do more core games or the gamers that have been with them (read: the ones who played Marios, Zeldas, Metroids, Marios, etc) will buy a Xbox. Yep.

Also, an on-rails shooter isn't hardcore, because it uses a stick and two buttons, that's totally true, on-rail games are usually mass titles that everyone from 9 to 99 love. It's not hardcore, unless it has 324 buttons!

Dear Lord.

Don't try to patronise me.

Mario was great, Zelda was a GC port, Brawl was great, so was MP3 and Super Paper Mario, and they were all core games. But Warioware?

That everyone loves it or not has nothing to do whether a game is casual. It's how hard it is to get into, and Starfox does not need many buttons to work. I and many core gamers love Starfox. But it's still not a HARDcore game. Casual isn't a genre, so you can't say that just because it's about shooting, which girls and grannies aren't interrested in, it's not casual. It's purely about the level of complexity, and that you sit down to a casual game for maybe a short while every few days/weeks/months, and don't have the time for a long campaign.

I remember when I was a kid. On E3, as a Nintendo fan you went WOW every time. It stopped being like that after the GC launch, although E3 2004 was a big wow simply because of Twilight Princess.

Well, it's getting late, I'll write back tomorrow...

Don't try to patronise me.

Mario was great, Zelda was a GC port, Brawl was great, so was MP3 and Super Paper Mario, and they were all core games. But Warioware?

First of all I was talking about Wario Land, but yes, Wario Ware too. Give it to a casual gamer and they think it's ridiculous shit, the ones who love it and revere it are the "hardcore" crowd. (Oh but it's not hard! :blank: ) Zelda was a GC port. So what? It game out before the GC version and it's, in my opinion, the superior version (and my fave game), so who the hell cares? The game exists, the game is awesome, the game sold. It's downright ridiculous to say Nintendo needs to deliver more core games, when they never delivered so many in so little time, while expanding the horizon and developing other things.

That everyone loves it or not has nothing to do whether a game is casual. It's how hard it is to get into, and Starfox does not need many buttons to work. I and many core gamers love Starfox. But it's still not a HARDcore game. Casual isn't a genre, so you can't say that just because it's about shooting, which girls and grannies aren't interrested in, it's not casual. It's purely about the level of complexity, and that you sit down to a casual game for maybe a short while every few days/weeks/months, and don't have the time for a long campaign.

Here we go with the stupid labeling, to be hardcore it needs to be hard? What a bunch of bull, seriously, what's the point of this? You're so damn stuck on this casual/hardcore stuff, it's ridiculous. Not to mention that just because "casual" games cater to those who don't have time and are short and simple, doesn't mean every game like this is for the casual crowd. Heck, loads of shmups, arcade games, etc... follow these guidelines and are revered only by a small niche, most people don't know about these games.

I remember when I was a kid. On E3, as a Nintendo fan you went WOW every time. It stopped being like that after the GC launch, although E3 2004 was a big wow simply because of Twilight Princess.

Do you not get it, even though it's in your post? You were a kid. That alone makes you go WOW at a lot of things. Not to mention that the industry was much younger and the probablity to be amazed was much higher.

And what, because it was simply because of TP it invalidates the "wow" factor? It's like it didn't happen?

Not to mention it's ludicrous that everyone puts so much importance every damn year on E3 and say "Nintendo must bet everything in it!" "I need to go wow", etc... after the year that followed what was considered a bad E3 conference and we got Brawl, Galaxy and Metroid Prime.