N-Europe

Urgent ebay problem

Olympic Gamer

Guest Jordan
Nooooo! I have a barcode scanner (Jordan, I dont know if you know, but you should too...its in "office" if you didn't know)

Anyway, change it back! I dont want to add your AIM account...thats boring! :heh:

Of course I knew...

I feel so left out of this barcode scanning shinanigans :(

There you go.

As for Ebay i think you should think twice about buying any cartridge game. It's well known for fakes, especially GBA ones. I once bought a fake Zelda: A link to the past, still plays fine though.

sigh.

If you report it to ebay (as was suggested straight away) then you will not have to pay. Ebay are pretty strict about illegal and copied games, hell they even took down my freeloader after it had sold, meaning the bidder couldn't buy it. Even though it's a flippin' legal item, they claimed it was a device "used for the enabling of copied games". Morons. Anyway, the point is, if ebay thinks the auction breaks the rules, they make it disappear as though it never even happened.

Well, no big deal anyway. Since ebay sellers can no longer give negative or neutral feedback to buyers, there's not really a problem.

Well ebay still havent acted (then again, its sunday)

But me and the user are currently discussing the situation as he apparently is getting these games from a supplier, despite the fact nearly 3/4 of his games are illegal DIY sealed games.

Incorrect age ratings, american games in UK boxes. Not right.

Well ebay still havent acted (then again, its sunday)

But me and the user are currently discussing the situation as he apparently is getting these games from a supplier, despite the fact nearly 3/4 of his games are illegal DIY sealed games.

Incorrect age ratings, american games in UK boxes. Not right.

Indeed, you'll probably get a reply from ebay sometime in the week as they tend to (as mentioned before) take fakes seriously.

From what people have told me I personally don't find it fair that a seller cannot leave negative feedback to a customer..but never mind.

Indeed, you'll probably get a reply from ebay sometime in the week as they tend to (as mentioned before) take fakes seriously.

From what people have told me I personally don't find it fair that a seller cannot leave negative feedback to a customer..but never mind.

Yeah that rule change was absolutely unfair, however, sellers were abusing the feedback rules by holding the customer at ransom with it. So, its unfortunate for those who used it properly, like many sellers I have dealt with have, but very much good punishment for those who abused it, as it is misleading if they have done an awful job.

Well the seller was apparently 'unaware' of the problem as he received them from a supplier (apparently). I gave him a step by step guide on identifying facts like relevant websites that display correct age ratings, and the whole box difference and the occasional UK titles that may be in black boxes etc.

He'l be removing my bid mutually.

Guest Stefkov

This scanner thing is awesome.

As for the ebay thing, same thing kinda happened with me years ago when I bought the Minish cap off ebay.

It lookd all fine and dandy on ebay, I get it and the cardboard case is folded for me to unfold and make myself...the printout on it was fugly and the game itself was a little bit bigger than a usual GBA cart. It was a little hard to put it in my DS at the time. Still worked fine though.

Yeah that rule change was absolutely unfair, however, sellers were abusing the feedback rules by holding the customer at ransom with it. So, its unfortunate for those who used it properly, like many sellers I have dealt with have, but very much good punishment for those who abused it, as it is misleading if they have done an awful job.

Well the seller was apparently 'unaware' of the problem as he received them from a supplier (apparently). I gave him a step by step guide on identifying facts like relevant websites that display correct age ratings, and the whole box difference and the occasional UK titles that may be in black boxes etc.

He'l be removing my bid mutually.

It's not difficult to identify a fake, just compare it to the several boxes on google images. :indeed: