NEurope
pedrocasilva

Arc Rise Fantasia (Marvelous/Image Epoch)

It turned me off a bit more...Well a bit more than a little.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I picked this up yesterday...god the voice acting is so bad. Unfortunately you can't turn it off or select Japanese. You can turn on Subtitles and mute the TV though.

Other than the voices though I've been enjoying it.

I managed to get through most of Baten Kaitos without realising I could switch off the voice track - I'm sure I can stomach the same with ARF.

Stupid me, you can manually adjust the volume of the voices and turn them off.

They are much worse than Baten Kaitos which I actually found to be alright.

How's your progress, Nolan?

------------------------------------------

Story: 5.2

Design: 6.1

Gameplay: 7.6

Presentation: 5.4

Overall: 6.0

It halted over the weekend and the last two days. Too busy doing other things. I've got about 8 hours in though and was doing a bit of grinding just to grind. It's interesting how as you get over leveled the game tells you how much XP you got for the battle, then a breakdown shows that each character received less-significantly less than that when before they'd get the whole amount.

Using plans is also nice as you can just hit Y select what is appropriate and not have to use 8AP selecting 4 different attacks just to kill a weak grunt.

I can't find a legitimate reason to get this after that, I generally trust gametrailers reviews. There are so many better RPG's out there and it seemed a promising prospect too when it was first announced.

It was looking great a long time ago, now we have things like Xenoblade and The last story on the horizon. I'm still interested though, but it really depends on if they get rid of the English dub for the European release. I'm not a fan of dubs in general, but this is just a slap in the face.