NEurope
pedrocasilva

Arc Rise Fantasia (Marvelous/Image Epoch)

arcriss4c1e05eip4.jpg

New Wii RPG, character design by Kenichi Yoshida (key animator in Mononoke-hime and other hits), and OST it's by Yasunori Mitsuda. Image Epoch is the Luminous Arc and World Destruction developer.

I didn't play Luminous Arc on DS, but from what I remember it got some decent reviews. Would it be foolish to assume "Arc Rising" may be related in some way?

Good good, another RPG announced. Just a while before we get a good few here...

I hope this turns out good, need an RPG at the moment. And turn-based!! (I miss it).

Tidbits:

Arc Rise Fantasia - Wii

- Image Epoch x Marvelous

- Traditional fantasy RPG

- Several Luminous Arc staffers on board

- Official Site will be open on 27th June

- Graphics style is similar to tri-Ace games

- All screenshots are widescreen

I smell screenshots, but I can't find them! :cry: (looked here and here)

EDIT: More tidbits:

- 3 character party

- The entire party shares an AP gauge, it depletes as actions are performed

- It is possible for a character to attack more than once, or for a character to use a strong single attack that will leave the other charactes with less AP to use

- If multiple characters use the same skill on the same enemies, the effectiveness of the skill will be increased

- There are summon beasts in the game called Roguresu. They serve as the speakers on all worldly matters in the game

Information about the Staff:

Producer (MMV): Hideyuki Mizutani (Luminous Arc Producer)

Development Producer (Image Epoch): Ryoei Mikage (credited in Disgaea 2, Luminous Arc)

Director (Image Epoch): Hiroyuki Kanemaru (Tales of Symphonia PS2, Tales of Rebirth)

Scenario: Takumi Miyajima (script writer on both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss)

Composition/Music Director: Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger/Cross)

Main Character Original Design: Kenichi Yoshida (Mononoke Hime, Eureka 7, Planetes, Cowboy Bebop movie)

Roguresu Design: Shin Nagasawa (Bahamut Lagoon!)

They have some good blood in there! Could this be why Namco said 90% of Team Symphonia were on Vesperia? not because they were on ToS2 (heh, 10% of the original team on a sequel what a bad joke, you stupid Namco) but because some... well, some of those 10% had done to greener pastures?

Also... Could this be Project Ray?

project_ray_image.jpg

Project Ray: seems to be a 2D game, no platform specified; this is the game being made by Hiroyuki Kanemaru, formerly of Tales Studio and before that Telenet

Is this 2D? Then how so the comparison to Tri-Ace? As in modern Tri-Ace or "what if 480p Valkyrie Profile 1" were to be? (starts drolling) but I'd drool even more for the 3D proficiency of recent Tri-Ace games as well. I WANT SCREENIES!

This sounds interesting and more RPGs is a good thing. I can't find any screenshots either.

Mitsuda on board instantly makes this more appealing than any other current RPG projects for Wii. Key factor in the majority of RPG's for me is soundtrack and Mitsuda is one of those composers that can virtually do no wrong.

Turn-Based ^^ YAYYYYYYYY

Might be dissapointing, tough, better wait a little more before getting excited

More tidbits:

- Game in Full 3D

- Direct Feed images on the 27th

- Basically looks like Trusty Bell. The art direction and graphics are very similar.

"I think a lot of people are going to be very surprised. Image Epoch seems to be able to get something extra out of the limited hardware of the Wii and the DS that many other studios can't. Or maybe other studios just aren't bothered. This looks like Trusty Bell in SD widescreen."

- Not real time. It uses AP and there's a turn order in battles.

- Preview calls it a "deep and highly strategic RPG".

Project Ray artwork: (ripped from website)

a9v3oh.jpg

Shit, this team is fucking awesome! Luminous Arc was a bit meh at times, but nice. Can't wait to see more.

Dunno where this came from, but its got my attention.
Dunno where this came from, but its got my wallet.

1Up article:

A co-op production between Marvelous and Image Epoch (the outfit behind Nintendo DS cult hit Luminous Arc, pictured), Arc Rise Fantasia is set in the empire of Meridian, which has a bit of a lingering dragon problem. These so-called "contaminant dragons" are nothing but trouble, passing through the nation in great flocks; even if you kill one, the resulting explosion poisons the local area and causes it to look a bit like a Superfund site. When the empire receives word that a massive horde has its sights on the capital of Diamant, it immediately sends out an army to counteract them, including licensed mercenary Bright and his friend Alse, royal prince and second in line for the throne. Bright is severely hurt in the ensuing battle, but is saved at the last minute by a girl named Ryphia who possesses the power to control "ley squalls," naturally-occurring storms of magic that usually take the form of luminous rain. (Is all of this "fantasy" enough for you, then?)

Not much has been revealed about Arc Rise Fantasia's gameplay yet, other than the battles will employ an action point-based system that appears to be turn-based. This initial announcement focuses primarily on the game's characters -- Bright, cool and collected novice mercenary; Alse, bright and beloved prince of the kingdom; Ryphia, a naive and reserved girl who obviously has some secrets in her past; and Adele, a Diamant magic instructor who seems to care about frilly fashion just as much as her light-based offensive spells.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168411

Because I'm a sucker for threads with scans and lots of photos, think it needs more impact on the thread and because we shouldn't rely on other sites (who knows, they might go down) here it is...

Scans: (with screenshots)

70243arf11221184lofc7.jpg

70244arf2122402loot6.jpg

70251arf3122461lohs2.jpg

70253arf41221199lovz7.jpg

click to enlarge [1] [2] [3] [4]

HOLY $#%@!!!!! :o:o:o:o Sold!

Finally, f*cking finally. Hell i'll give them my money now on account that they're ACTUALLY PUTTING IN SOME F%CKING EFFORT. ARE YOU WATCHING UBISOFT?????!!!!!11111

Finally, f*cking finally. Hell i'll give them my money now on account that they're ACTUALLY PUTTING IN SOME F%CKING EFFORT. ARE YOU WATCHING NAMCO?????!!!!!11111
Fixed for the category of RPG's along with lack of effort.

I agree though.

Hmm. Intersting. It has a cautious nod of approval from me.
If this turns out to be as awesome as I think it will... I'll haunt everyone who doesn't buy this one! (threat)

who thinks this isn't going to see the light of day over here
Marvelous has representation in Europe through Rising Star and this seems to be a pretty high budget game for them (while games like King Story are already confirmed for US and Europe) so... I think there's no way it's not coming.

I'm more worried with how long will it take.

This looks genuinely good, right? Its not just me thinking it does in comparison to all the usual party games we see on the Wii...? Keep the info coming Pedro.