N-Europe

"Project Deluge" (New Zelda?)

Gizmo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of interesting and very clearly fake. Not only because of the dreadful name, the huge wad of story details and the fact Nintendo would never do such a thing, but the way it's written totally screams fake. It's the kind of stuff I used to do when I had 'my own games company' at about 15 and wrote a terrible, embaressing magazine about all my game ideas, even down to interviews with myself.

In terms of the ideas they lay out, I don't like it too much. The reason Link is mute is not because he's Link, but because he is the player and it would be less immersive for the players thoughts to be reigned in by dialogue. I agree though that Anouma wants to have a more complicated narrative structure to his Zelda games and I hope that Nintendo take it in that direction again.

I do quite like the concept of a guy who thinks he's the Hero of Time but isn't, but it's a concept that would be better executed in a film rather than a videogame, I just don't see how they could implement that mechanic in an interesting way.

Saying that, it does look like Nintendo are planning some sort of new IP for revelation at E3. Supposed insiders have revealed that they'll be announcing something, and the 'Next Month' page for NGamer hints at something new from 'Nintendo HQ'.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!