NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Racedriver: GRID

Yah, so anyway, surprised there isn't a thread about this game. I know not many will have bought this, but that's because they're foolish, foolish fools. It's superb. I'm just getting into the swing of things but it's mesmerising. Fast paced, easy to pick up, looks beautiful. The short races give the whole thing a fantastic "just one more" edge to it.

So far I've most enjoyed the touring car racing myself. Just a bit technical with a nice full field to scrap around on. In my hideous purple and yellow-striped fiasco.

Yeah I'm loving it also. I'm not much of a fan of racing simulators so I'm glad they went the arcade route with this one (much to the dissatisfaction of hardcore TOCA fans though).

I'm about halfway through career and because of the game's quirks and fantastic presentation it isn't getting boring.

Played the demo to death. It was awesome. Think I've had my fill of real-racers. Mind you, this feels quite arcadey and the flashback moment offers some nice innovation. The replays are the stuff of dreams though :)

Everything Codemasters touches with four wheels turns to pure gold. I blame all that Micro Machine meddling in the 90's :p I might pick up the DS version...If it gets released !

You really should check out the full-fat console version. There's everything from open wheel GP to Demolition Derby races in here.

Just wondering: Do the later cars have better handling? I found the demo a bit too sim-like for my liking, mainly due to the handling of the cars.

Sign in to follow this