NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

So I finally got a wii

. You can spend the money you save on cocaine.

thats why I love the wii :p

and calm down dudes, I just dont like Zelda THAT much. played wind waker, was good but nothing mind blowing (for me)

thats why I love the wii :p

and calm down dudes, I just dont like Zelda THAT much. played wind waker, was good but nothing mind blowing (for me)

Well consider yourself shot in the foot once again because Windwaker is nothing like Twilight Princess. Phantom Hourglass is more akin to it ( WW ). Windwaker even divides Nintendo's most hardcore fans as to its worthiness but it's still a good game.

omg I will be raped by Zelda fans :cry:

:D :D

To be fair, I loved the art style of Wind Waker, but the game left me cold in truth. I found it really short and padded out, and it really felt like Nintendo were just going through the Zelda motions. I much prefer Twilight Princess, though admittedly I did miss the Disney style graphics of WW. I remember getting to the end and going, "What? Is that it?". I've just ordered Phantom Hourglass for the DS, and I'm hoping that delivers a bit more on the promise.

i got battalion wars, good game but easy as having a shit.

Clearly you havent heard me take a shit :D

no one pick up that okami is a ps2 port?

at a sidenote, phantom hourglass is shorter and easier then ww. good game mind.

no one pick up that okami is a ps2 port?

Your point being?

No More Heroes is a great game, but think good before buying it. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

So, what it all boils down to in the whole TP thing:

If Zelda doesn't do it for you, why should you spend money on it? You like the games you like, who are we to judge?

But don't judge all Zelda games on WW. As mentioned, the Zelda fanbase is sharply divided over that game, and it would be unfair to say TP is exactly like WW. If you're doubting TP because of WW, please reconsider and check out TP before you judge it.

If you only want great graphics, you have probably chosen the wrong console, but even then TP is one of the best looking games on the Wii to this date. So that's not a valid argument either.

And regarding the port thing ... Well, ports aren't necessarily a bad thing. TP on Wii saw the inclusion of Wiimote pointing and (albeit bad) Wiimote sword swinging. Granted, I haven't tried the GameCube version, but the controls on the Wii feel very natural, and I dare guess they feel more natural than on the GC.

Please consider what I have said, but after doing that, it's still your decision. Just don't rob yourself of an experience because of what you think you know. 'Cause that's narrow-minded. :)

Heaven just make sure you can at least choose 4 or 5 games you know you're going to play before buying the wii

Currently waiting for a Wi-Fi FZero :(

Heaven just make sure you can at least choose 4 or 5 games you know you're going to play before buying the wii

Currently waiting for a Wi-Fi FZero :(

well I already have a wii I think (and it was a present so I dont feel sorry lol)

and Im sure I will play mario galaxy and okami. But I think two games are just too...few?

Well, help us out and thell us what kind of games you like. Help me to help you, Help me to help you,help me to help you,help me to help you, help me to help you.

Well, help us out and thell us what kind of games you like. Help me to help you, Help me to help you,help me to help you,help me to help you, help me to help you.

THe COXINATOR!

Your point being?

unless im very, very drunk, i recall a load of hoohaa about tp being a cube port and therefore not worthy, my point that okami was a port was to highlite the fact that whilst tp was deemed unworthy due to being a port, the same criticism was not put onto okami.

the fundementle point i was trying to get across was that the factors involved in the decision where not constant.

unless im very, very drunk, i recall a load of hoohaa about tp being a cube port and therefore not worthy, my point that okami was a port was to highlite the fact that whilst tp was deemed unworthy due to being a port, the same criticism was not put onto okami.

the fundementle point i was trying to get across was that the factors involved in the decision where not constant.

Aaaaaah ok :P

I have about 40 Wii games and have played a lot more. You want good games? It really depedns on what you like and you're being vague. So here are the games that I think are great (other than the two you're getting and Zelda)

Excite Truck: You can get it cheap and its a great racer with good controls

Mario Kart Wii: Amazing mario Kart and a must have if you're online

Pro Evo: Best football game ever, simple as. You have to give it time though

Geoemtry Wars: Extremely cheap and incredible old school shooter

Guitar Hero 3: Expensive but awesome music game; im sure you know all about this

Metroid Prime 3: Incredible game and one of the best one plaer shooters, primarily because of the incredible Wii controls

Zack and Wicki: Really great game, a reinvention of the point and click game with some great motion controls

No More Heroes: Truly unique fun game, get the US version though

Bully: Great great game made all the better because of the motion controls and extra lessons and stuff

Wii Fit: For what it is it's brilliant and the balance board is fantastic

Trauma Centre: One of my favouritte Wii games, VERY hard, incredible controls

Other mentions go to:

SSX Blur: Great controls and big game

Scarface: Again controls make this the best version of the game

Godfather: See above, not quite as good as scarface but better controls

Super Paper Mario: At times genius and at times annoying, but overall great fun

Medal of Honor 2: Incredible controls and pretty good online

Wario Ware: Shallow one player but great multiplayer

Rayman 1+2: Again, great multiplayer

BWii: Really fun game and online

Links Crossbow; Ghost Squad + HoTD 2+3 = cheap but great arcadey lighgun games

Now I'm sure you know all these games so you'll know which ones appeal to you. But for me, these are all really strong games!

Since virtually no one else recommended it I can see, I would say Sonic and the Secret Rings is good but if and ONLY if, you can adjust to the fact the game starts off weak, then you earn better controls and gameplay features as you progress and upgrade Sonic.

Only towards the middle does it start to flow and work nicely. It's odd they make you wait till the game kicks off properly but when it does it's a fun game with great visual design (one boss in particular is spectacular visually for Wii), fantastic replayability and is genuinely a whole different experience from any other platformer or Sonic game you'll ever play.

I didn't recommend sonic? My bad, I agree with James

what about resident evil 4 and Umbrella chronicles

I can't believe I didn't put them down. I lent LOADS of my games to a friend so I was mainly going from memory

I was thinking about umbrella chronicles but I havent read good reviews about this game... =/

If you like fast paced games (not to mention stupidly difficult boss encounters), don't buy UC. I found it to be an utter chore to play.

Sign in to follow this