N-Europe

DNS Error

Jimbob

I'm having a problem with connecting my 360 online via the PC ethernet port. I've got a wireless connection to the PC via a Netgear router (can't remember which one though). It picks up an IP address and states my connection is wired, but then it keeps failing a DNS test. I've tried disconnecting it all and re-connecting it and it still fails this test. Anyone know how to solve this.

Followed the guide, and am still getting a DNS failure. And i can't figure it out. My network settings to the 360 state unidentified network and everytime i go and do a test on the network, it keeps identifying the network and gives the 360 an IP address and fails the DNS. May type in the DNS manually and see what that does.

If that fails, i may have to go out and get a wireless adaptor, something i don't really want to do.

Edit: My PC also keeps changing itself from Private Network to Public Network, my 360 worked online on Private. Everytime i change from Public to Private, it changes back.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get it to work wired to the router, but i don't have a cable long enough to keep it plugged into the router port at back. I've tried everything possible to get it online including manual and automatic settings on the 360 and nothing seems to work at all. It just keeps coming up with DNS error.