N-Europe

Itunes not opening

nightwolf

So for a while now it's been a pain to open, sometimes it can take up to three hours to bother to open.

I've tried the apple website and done everything it's asked there and it still won't open, I'm thinking about reinstalling, but god knows how long that'll take me!

Any ideas on how I get it open? :(

edit: maybe this would have been better on the apple thread *slaps forehead*

No I don't, I'm currently re-installing it now, I hope it works because the itunes website didn't help abit.

edit: well I reinstalled it and got it open finally, but when closing it and testing to see if it'd open it hasn't...yay..

re-edit: got it working, hopefully for now.

When closing iTunes I find it stays in the background for a long time, especially I remember it struggling on my old PC. If you try and open it again while it's still closing in the background, it can be a bit fussy -so trying closing it and opening it again straight away might not have been a good idea as a test.

A laptop taking 20 minutes to load is screwed. Re-install Windows, or fix it some other way - 20 mins is just unacceptable.

I believe I was asking about itunes, not about how to fix the booting time on my laptop.

It was slow to start with and it's two years old, so I'm scrapping it and getting a new one instead of messing about.

Guest Jordan
Your itunes issue is likely to be a symptom of a more serious problem.

Odwin basically hit the nail on head here.