NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

Playing Game Consoles in HD on a Laptop?

So a couple days ago a friend of mine asked me if I knew of anyway of playing game consoles (specifically x360) on a laptop in HD. And I didn't know so I googled it, ebay'd it, and I can't find anything. I know there's little usb thingy that let you plug the yellow, red, and white. But that isn't HD. So is there any usb device similar that does component or even better HDMI?

Thanks in advance

Hm.

A display on a laptop isn't like a monitor in some respects. USB only has data rates to support composite, component is probably a little too complex. Not to mention that USB dongle is probably only for capturing video rather than displaying it.

Your best bet is probably a HD capture card, but i'm not sure if you can get them for laptops as they require PCI Express ports (atleast the ones i've seen). You might get lucky and find a PCMCIA one.

Basically, not worth bothering, and if you did manage it it wouldn't play well because of an increased controller/screen delay.

As Jordan mentioned, the chance is small. You'll need a laptop with a new ExpressCard interface for the bandwidth though.

Hmm alright well I'll let him know that even if he did manage to find one that it most likely wouldn't even be worth it.

Thanks guys =]

I know there's little usb thingy that let you plug the yellow, red, and white.

Where can you get these things?

Nope (well, very likely not) - that'll be an output not an input.

Sign in to follow this