NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Conor_NE

Official Iwata Keynote Thread

If they intend to show the controller and Revo etc in September, when will that be if not at the TGS? We're past the middle of the month now and the hardware is obviously complete, and with everybody expecting tonight to be the big one there is going to be some big questions raised about their priorities afterwards. Just show the freaking thing...

And yet, saying that somehow makes me feel like if they do and it's the wrong time, everything will go wrong. I guess I want them to just show it when it's the right time.

~Epiq

This probably isn't the ideal time to make a first post (1:58 AM) but what the heck! I hope against hope that Iwata will show us something of the Revolution controller at TGS, and I can't honestly see any reason for ninty not to show us what they have produced. If it's so revolutionary then surely they will have taken out all the neccesary patents to stop the likes of Sony and Microsoft plagiarising whatever it is that makes the Revo' so special. I will be waiting up as i can't seem to get to sleep, fingers crossed!

What's the best site to see the info coming? IGN? Gamespot? We'll have to wait the 50min keynote to know anything??

Keynote begins at 7:00 PST.

IGN editors wait.

Readers scream for news.

Iwata says Nintendo has built a bigger game population in three ways: Famicom Mini (shows commercials). GB Micro. Promises more shipments next week. Then he mentioned it was Mario's Birthday week. Miyamoto stands up. Number three, Iwata says, is Nintendo DS.

Iwata mentions "touch generation" games such as Nintendogs and Brain Trainer.

Nintendogs has topped one million units shipped in Japan already, according to Iwata.

60% of Nintendogs buyers picked up the game with a DS, according to Club Nintendo statistics.

More on the Keynote speech as it happens...

Iwata speaking about Revolution controller

Iwata unveils Revolution controller

IGN will post high-resolution pictures, hands on impressions, feature breakdowns, roundtables, and more at 7:50 PM -- fewer than 15 minutes.

Revolution controller looks like futuristic television remote.

Glossy white design.

Looks Apple iPod inspired.

Controller is held in one hand. Attachments in the other.

Attachments connect to the bottom of the controller. Iwata shows analog stick attachment.

Thinking about packing Revolution with the main controller and attachment, Iwata says.

Controller acts like a mouse in real-space 3D. Pefect for FPS games!

Future attachments planned.

well i got up at 7 an when i went to C-E and it wasnt up i panicked not getting any news and talking on the forums,luckily i read went to R-E and was happy at the site of the contoller revealed

I'm at work and all of the major sites are blocked! Could someone post a link to the direct Iwata download or if possible do me a massive favour and upload it somewhere so I can download?

Wow I just got here and signed up and I see a lot has been revealed. :D

I have to go check all this news now. Hope there will be some surprises for me.

How come NOONE commented on it and noone is having a discussion? This is bizarre!

*Pssst, see those 3 pages of threads in this particular forum? They've been created and posted in only in the last 24 hours, or so. And if your comment was meant to be a joke, try using a smiley as text doesn't convey meaning too irony/sarcasm very easily.*

No, I was being serious, I just wondered why this thread in particular - it being the official one and all completely died before it got going!!

I think the topic was too "general", most people wanted to discuss particular aspects and that was more easily done through threads focusing on that point they wanted to talk about.

sorry but am i the only one who see the controller as a wireless lighgun with extra buttons tht if you turn it a bit it does summit?

(sorry if this sounds dumb)

Well, i think this thread has served it's purpose. The main reason i believe this thread didn't get going was because the site got battered with new people registering. In their excitement, they created many new threads and just chose to use them or create their own rather than use existing ones. It's a shame really, but that's the way forums work i guess.

I'll be de-stickying this now.

Sign in to follow this