N-Europe

Asus Eee Box Unveiled (It's a Wii)

Dante

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided for uni next year I'm going to pick up one of those Eee laptop things (you can tell I know my stuff :p ) because my MacBook is really pissing me off and all I want is Word, wireless internet and uber portability. Is there any news on when an atom version of the laptop is due...with Windows?

July at the earliest.

Perfect, as long as it is out by about October thats good.

Are there any good websites with news about the Eee? It's kind of annoying scouring the web for bits of info, most regarding America.

Guest Jordan
July at the earliest.

True.

However early reports suggest that the Atom will not be clocked up to its maximum 1.6ghz, probably proform the same as the current Celeron chip and will probably have less battery life.

You can find Eee PC 701's and 900's here when they are in stock.

http://eeestock.cpjackson.co.uk/

Keep checking this every day, you'll get one.

[The site has been down this morning mind...]

Also

http://www.eeeuser.com for shizzle...

Awesome, cheers.

However early reports suggest that the Atom will not be clocked up to its maximum 1.6ghz, probably proform the same as the current Celeron chip and will probably have less battery life.

Why would they not clock it up to its max? Would they lift the cap with an update?

Guest Jordan

The average battery life of a 900 (with the US battery... not our reduced one) is around 4 1/2 hours from what i've seen. Which for a laptop, ain't half bad.

Btw, in terms of heat the Atom produces nearly zero heat emissions hense its going into mobile phones next year. Albiet probably alot smaller version and alot less powerful!

• 3 weeks later...