N-Europe

DVI to HDMI Problem

Oli1983uk

Right My brother bought a dvi to hdmi lead to connect his pc to his LCD tv, we pluged everything in and nothing displays on the tv. I then tried the lead on my mini mac and it displayed on the TV fine. anyone have any idea on why it wont display from the PC?

I'm not sure if PCs do or not yet but the last time I hooked up a PC to a projector thats what I had to do.

They've been doing it for years. I can't remember when it hasn't. I've only had to use a function key when laptops have been involved (and then only to change the settings so only the WMP video is displayed on the projector, and the desktop/other programs on the desktop)

What resolution was your PC set to before you connected it to the TV?

Right My brother bought a dvi to hdmi lead to connect his pc to his LCD tv, we pluged everything in and nothing displays on the tv. I then tried the lead on my mini mac and it displayed on the TV fine. anyone have any idea on why it wont display from the PC?

Tell him to stop being lazy and to play football manager on a normal size screen. :heh:

They've been doing it for years. I can't remember when it hasn't. I've only had to use a function key when laptops have been involved (and then only to change the settings so only the WMP video is displayed on the projector, and the desktop/other programs on the desktop)

What resolution was your PC set to before you connected it to the TV?

Well it was a laptop I had to use so I guess that's settled.

Did you try blowing on all the connectors?

If it doesn't go do it automatically, make sure all settings are set up okay in the Windows monitor menu thingy.

Also, try pressing Fn in combination with the F1-F12 keys. F1'll probably put the laptop to sleep though.

We are trying to set it up so that it will display on his pc monitor and have the TV as a dual display so he can play his dvds on the TV rather than having a dvd player. The ATI graphics center shows that the graphics card is connected to the LCD TV but it does not display a picture on the TV.