N-Europe

Jail for being jealous or not screwing your wife

Mikey

Blaming women or feminists for the fact that men have it bad is so not the way forward. If men aren't being treated as well as women they need to be bought up to the same standard, not have women be bought down to their level.

Womens Aid is great, but it should definately definately help men too. Helping men will help women help themselves.

'Women's Aid approach to male victims of domestic violence is very much consistent with their overall feminist philosophy of women as victims and men as aggressors. Thus, their work focuses hugely on perpetrator programs.' - I doubt that's true, because that's not feminism.

p.s. real feminism is awesome.

Edit: Okay I just read the article. Personally I'm going to pass this off as media bullshit. That's so bizarre that I simply don't belive it. I reckon the courts do actually require some real hard evidence of horrible harassment and the media made up everything on that page. Sorry for being so conveniently sceptical.

Hooray! Here come the Thought Police!

And Christ...

...I have been with two extremely possessive women in my life, one of them used to throw things when she didn't get her own way, the other has tantrums. Nobody is telling me I'm abused or should be seeking legal help, I just have to suck it down.

Dude you don't even need women.

Hehe, that's what you get for typing something standing up as you head for the door.

Really though, people who spout nonsense about "feminazis" and the like come across as insecure misogynists with a huge victim complex. In spite of some progress, men still have it much better right across the world, which is why some of them feel so threatened by women having equality and act like such cry babies about it. Yeah, there are feminists who take things so far, but you also have their male equivalents in some of the so-called fathers rights groups who are just as bad.

Jealousy is a human emotion. So, they're throwing you in jail because you're...human?

It does say extreme jealousy, which I would take to mean things like not allowing your wife out the house if you're not there, making her call you every 30 minutes, flying into a rage if she so much as talks to another man, dictating what she can and cannot wear to ridiculous extremes etc- which is acting like a total dick rather than just being human. Not that I'm saying acting like a dickhead should in itself be a crime.

It does say extreme jealousy, which I would take to mean things like not allowing your wife out the house if you're not there, making her call you every 30 minutes, flying into a rage if she so much as talks to another man, dictating what she can and cannot wear to ridiculous extremes etc- which is acting like a total dick rather than just being human. Not that I'm saying acting like a dickhead should in itself be a crime.

If only. 10

Hehe, that's what you get for typing something standing up as you head for the door.

Really though, people who spout nonsense about "feminazis" and the like come across as insecure misogynists with a huge victim complex. In spite of some progress, men still have it much better right across the world, which is why some of them feel so threatened by women having equality and act like such cry babies about it. Yeah, there are feminists who take things so far, but you also have their male equivalents in some of the so-called fathers rights groups who are just as bad.

Yes, I'm just a misogynist, really.

I get this groundless accusation all of the time, I'm not even going to deny it any more.