N-Europe

Small LCD T.V

dwarf

I'm thinking of buying a new LCD T.V for my bedroom between 21" and 25" for relatively cheap. I havent got a great amount of cash and I dont want to spend 200 quid for one.

Any pointers much appreciated. :smile:

For my gaming needs. I need to be able to play Brawl on import with nice colours and stuff. Does this support US 60Hz for Brawl?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SM226BW-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/dp/B000MRVBF4/ref=sr_1_3/026-3493878-7095637?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1206046285&sr=1-3

I don't really understand any technical stuff. I have just imported brawl and Freeloader. Will it definetly play in black and white?

If I got a particular LCD TV would there be no problems?

I am very confused.

Whats the difference between a monitor and a T.V? If mine is a T.V that works fine?

:confused::wtf::blank:

I don't really understand any technical stuff. I have just imported brawl and Freeloader. Will it definetly play in black and white?
It only plays in black and white in my particular case. Because my Wii is modded and I play without Freeloader, US Brawl somehow won't display in progressive scan. If you're all legal and using a FreeLoader, you should be all right. I've heard many people with component cables that are playing Brawl in progressive scan alright.

I'll try using a FreeLoader image to load Brawl soon, to see if it works. It probably will.

Anyway, a TV is something you can get TV on, something you connect to the TV cable. A monitor is something you connect to a computer. Not anything with a screen is a TV.

Whats the difference between a monitor and a T.V? If mine is a T.V that works fine?

:confused::wtf::blank:

A monitor is for your computer... it has PC ports etc, where as a TV typically has pc/scart/composite/component/hdmi ports and an aerial port so you can use it for games, tv, dvd players etc. These days most HDTVs work as a monitor but it doesn't necessarily apply the other way round.