Reggie Teases, "Big Holiday Game to Be Revealed At E3"

Fandango

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maase

Canand, you're not making any sense xD

Anyway, i still think the big surprise will be...

MARIO CHESS!!!111, the fanboys are gonna get so glad xD

...ANYWAY what do you guys think will be the shape for Kid Icarus. 3d or 2d? Old school hardcore gameplay (game boy game was as pretty hardcore as they come) or something to facilitate the casuals?

3D, set in Ancient Greece (did i get that right this time?). You'll probably fly around different Greek Locations or something...

Guest Maase

Hum...

Kid Icarus, Sandbox in Ancient Greek Areas and some Heaven Areas... Many side quests by villagers and angels, big quests, a giant map with lot of diferent things to do... and great bosses, that's all i ask :)

I'm actually expecting a 2D Kid Icarus on either the DS or WiiWare. Nintendo don't know how well Kid Icarus would perform, so rather than make a potentially risky epic 3D update, I think they'll do a beautiful looking 2D update on the DS or WiiWare, sticking to Pit's roots.

Guest Maase

Oh, camon... Tellyn...

They risked Mario in 3D (Super Mario 64), they risked Zelda in 3D (Zelda: Ocarina of time)... God... THEY RISKED METROID PRIME IN 3D AND IN FP (Metroid Prime)... why the hell wouldn't they risk Kid Icarus in 3D with so much feedback :\

Because the feedback comes from the smaller internet community who demand a new version of Kid Icarus, not the majority of the Wii audience. Kid Icarus was last seen over 15 years ago, that's a longer gap than Metroid. If they were to bring him back in 3D, then the game flopped, we wouldn't see any future games in the series since Nintendo would brand it a failure.

Now, if they were to ease the audience into Kid Icarus with a risk-free 2D title and get it a bigger fan-following, a 3D title in the future would fare a lot better.

I don't know, maybe I'm speaking crap but that's the way I see it.

Because the feedback comes from the smaller internet community who demand a new version of Kid Icarus, not the majority of the Wii audience. Kid Icarus was last seen over 15 years ago, that's a longer gap than Metroid. If they were to bring him back in 3D, then the game flopped, we wouldn't see any future games in the series since Nintendo would brand it a failure.

Now, if they were to ease the audience into Kid Icarus with a risk-free 2D title and get it a bigger fan-following, a 3D title in the future would fare a lot better.

I don't know, maybe I'm speaking crap but that's the way I see it.

Hate to say it as I would prefer the "epic 3d update" but what you said makes perfect marketing sense. Like looking into a text book :P

shigeru miyamoto once said against Bungy that he easily could create a Halo kind of game. (that has been almost a year ago) so may be something about that?

His statement was "I could make Halo. I just don't want to." :heh:

Oh, camon... Tellyn...

They risked Mario in 3D (Super Mario 64), they risked Zelda in 3D (Zelda: Ocarina of time)... God... THEY RISKED METROID PRIME IN 3D AND IN FP (Metroid Prime)... why the hell wouldn't they risk Kid Icarus in 3D with so much feedback :\

Because Mario was a bestseller for the SNES, so it was logical to take the step to 3D for the following generation. Especially in those days when games didn't cost as much to develop. Dev costs have skyrocketed the last years.

Kid Icarus hasn't had a game for 15 years, and that's probably because the original two games didn't sell well enough. Taking a franchise noones touched for 15 years (that's 3 generations without KI, even if you don't count the Wii), and then just decide to make an epic AAA game seems risky, albeit not impossible.

You however do have a valid point considering the way it turned out with Metroid. The thing is that Metroid Prime was quite controversial within Nintendo itself. Miyamoto basically told Retro to scrap the controlls at one time, when they actually were "real" FPS controlls. Plus that there only was one generation without Metroid of course.

Why is everyone so much into kid icarus. Has it been confirmed or something? I myself believe in some franchise that's been on both previous generation consoles, like Starfox, F-zero, 1080.

Because Mario was a bestseller for the SNES, so it was logical to take the step to 3D for the following generation. Especially in those days when games didn't cost as much to develop. Dev costs have skyrocketed the last years.

Kid Icarus hasn't had a game for 15 years, and that's probably because the original two games didn't sell well enough. Taking a franchise noones touched for 15 years (that's 3 generations without KI, even if you don't count the Wii), and then just decide to make an epic AAA game seems risky, albeit not impossible.

You however do have a valid point considering the way it turned out with Metroid. The thing is that Metroid Prime was quite controversial within Nintendo itself. Miyamoto basically told Retro to scrap the controlls at one time, when they actually were "real" FPS controlls. Plus that there only was one generation without Metroid of course.

Why is everyone so much into kid icarus. Has it been confirmed or something? I myself believe in some franchise that's been on both previous generation consoles, like Starfox, F-zero, 1080.

Probably because of Pit's spontaneous addition to smash bros brawl. If consumers like him in that game, they may want to know more of him, and what better way to do that than produce a game that allows them to play as their new fave character. It's a subtle but perfect way ressurect the franchise.

Plus the gameboy game (only one i played) was awesome and deserves a follow up.

Guest Maase

What? I tought it was already confirmed, if its only by that, then i don't believe it...

You will be very disappointed xD

Probably because of Pit's spontaneous addition to smash bros brawl. If consumers like him in that game, they may want to know more of him, and what better way to do that than produce a game that allows them to play as their new fave character. It's a subtle but perfect way ressurect the franchise.

Plus the gameboy game (only one i played) was awesome and deserves a follow up.

Of course, I really enjoyed that new Ice Climbers game when they suddenly appeared in SSBM, and the new series of Game & Watch games as well.

:indeed:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!