NEurope
Vicar

Sleeping tips

Try and not give your mind too much stimulation before you sleep either(if you read a book, nothing too exciting), so no TVs, Steroes etc etc.

Reading makes it harder for me to sleep but TV makes it easier. If I've been on the PC just before I go to bed I find it hard to sleep. I have to have at least 30 mins chilling in front of the telly box before I go to bed.

Also, as J7 pointed out, try not to spend time in/on your bed doing anything other than sleeping(or sexing of course), as your mind associates it with being awake and makes it harder to get in a sleepy mood. Try and not give your mind too much stimulation before you sleep either(if you read a book, nothing too exciting), so no TVs, Steroes etc etc.

So thats what I'm doing wrong. I don't have a chair in my bedroom; I sit on my bed for watching TV, doing homework, playing games, listening to music, everything. Also, every night before sleeping I'll watch TV / play my DS before actually attempting to fall asleep, at which point I'll turn my music on.

Basically everything you stated not to do :blank:

- Go for a run. 5k or so should knacker you out a bit, and on the plus side will get you some good exercise too!

- Try tensing your toes for 10 seconds, then your calves, then hamstrings & quads (and so on..). Its meant to release a chemical (relaxin?) that helps you feel tired.