N-Europe

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Sanchez

PLS DO! Need to know the deal.

overall opinion of the game is good. I have enjoyed what i have played so far.

When i first seen the graphics i was abit unsure coz i thought they looked abit bland however i think i just had to get used to them coz they are a different artistic style to c&c3, nice and colourful.

Controls are improved again, takes a little bit of time to get used to them though but when u do its quick and easy to move through them. I particularly like being able to enlarge the mini map to shoot across the map.

Enjoying the campaign so far, done about half of the soviet one, starting to get abit challenging though! Acting in the cut-scenes is cheesy but i think everyone was expecting that. Some of them i was actually laughing. Not had any problems with the A.I allied commander yet but i can see it being better with another 'human'

Not tried the online yet so i can't comment on that.

There is alot more to 'learn' in this one though as every thing has a 'second ability' wether it be changing weapon or something else.

Sorry to very long post but i hope this covers what u were after, any more questions feel free to ask!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really enjoying it as well. No doubt it's RA2's sequel. Like Mike said it takes a while to get used to powers/special abilities and what each unit actually does lol. I'm finding it a lot harder than CnC3 so far. Me and Mike can't even do one of the Soviet missions in online co op on Normal, god knows what it's like on Hard!

I'm really enjoying it as well. No doubt it's RA2's sequel. Like Mike said it takes a while to get used to powers/special abilities and what each unit actually does lol. I'm finding it a lot harder than CnC3 so far. Me and Mike can't even do one of the Soviet missions in online co op on Normal, god knows what it's like on Hard!

I know, lol.

I managed to that mission on easy before when u went offline. It did seem ALOT easier than normal difficulty though! I do agree bout the difficulty, seems harder than C&C3.

Also the more i play this game the more i like it!!!

I know, lol.

I managed to that mission on easy before when u went offline. It did seem ALOT easier than normal difficulty though! I do agree bout the difficulty, seems harder than C&C3.

Also the more i play this game the more i like it!!!

It's sad but i've been thinking of tactics of how to beat it while i've been away lol. I guess I could do it on easy but it annoys me that it's beating me on normal haha.

It's sad but i've been thinking of tactics of how to beat it while i've been away lol. I guess I could do it on easy but it annoys me that it's beating me on normal haha.

lol, i have completed soviet campaign on easy and have now started allied. I will go and try the harder difficulties when i have completed them all. Think i might go straight to hard mode when i go again...

Noooo!!!! I absolutely loved Red Alert 2 and just rushed out to get the limited edition of Red Alert 3... I'm getting this message on install:

wontinstall.jpg

Does anybody have any idea as to what's going on here? My PC specs are as follows:

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit

AMD Athlon 3500+ 2.7Ghz

2GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM

ATI Radeon 3600 HD

The game has just cost me £40...

Yeah, I think you're right. That seems to be a file that its trying to copy over but can't. Im thinking that it's either the DVD or the drive.. I might exchange it tomorrow and if it still doesnt work, I guess I'll need to buy a new DVD drive. Hopefully they'll exchange an unsealed game at GAME...

Yeah, I think you're right. That seems to be a file that its trying to copy over but can't. Im thinking that it's either the DVD or the drive.. I might exchange it tomorrow and if it still doesnt work, I guess I'll need to buy a new DVD drive. Hopefully they'll exchange an unsealed game at GAME...

As long as u bought it from GAME and u still have ur reciept, just tell them its faulty and they will replace it no probs.

Hehehe, I think I've discovered the problem! I tried installing it on our Windows XP computer and it started to install without that error message popping up... I thought about what differed between that OS and this one and it was the Windows Firewall. I've turned off Windows Firewall and its installing fine now! Blimey! Windows Firewall must have been blocking it from the internet and it never informed me about any access attempt.

Thanks you two. Thank god!

Edit:

ouch.jpg

*cries*

• 3 weeks later...

Not played on this in awhile since i completed the campaign. Had a few skirmish matches last night, really enjoyed it.

One thing that has annoyed me is u can't see which levels u have not done the bonus objectives on campaign. There must only be 1 or 2 levels in each story that i missed one on as there something i try and complete as they pop up. It showed you on the level select screen in C&C3 but for some reason not in this one...

Yup, they do. The Defender VX turrets have a transform function, which toggles them between anti-air and anti-infantry/tier 1. Just press the secondary ability button to transform it. Hope that helps!

Ah excellent. I didn't know that thanks.

• 2 weeks later...