NEurope
Mr-Paul

iPod Speaker Docks

Hey guys!

Can anyone reccomend me a good quality, not too expensive speaker dock for my iPod nano? Been looking at them at Amazon and all the reviews seem very contrasting, some people say they have good sound quality, some say they have crap sound quality! So I thought i'd ask what you guys think!

Thanks a lot :D

I would advise rather than buy a specific dock, buy a mini hi fi set up with a cd player and just get the appropriate lead to connect to your ipod, it will get much better sound for the money. If that really isn't an option, however, the iHome speakers I had were quite good, think they go for around £70.

I you already have a sound system just buy an iPod dock. Or if you don't, then buy some speakers and an amplifier and then buy the iPod dock. Don't buy an all in one. Generally a bad idea.

I suggest:

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=708892

+

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Creature-White-Mac-Win/dp/B0000SY4SG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200841351&sr=1-2

=

yay!

I would advise rather than buy a specific dock, buy a mini hi fi set up with a cd player and just get the appropriate lead to connect to your ipod, it will get much better sound for the money. If that really isn't an option, however, the iHome speakers I had were quite good, think they go for around £70.

I you already have a sound system just buy an iPod dock. Or if you don't, then buy some speakers and an amplifier and then buy the iPod dock. Don't buy an all in one. Generally a bad idea.

I suggest:

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=708892

+

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Creature-White-Mac-Win/dp/B0000SY4SG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200841351&sr=1-2

=

yay!

Thanks for the advice guys, but I was really looking for an all in one system, as I only have a small bedroom and wanted something I can just plug in, throw my iPod into and listen to my iPod as it charges.

I have the Kplisch Igroove Speaker Dock, and it is fantasic, looks good and sounds great, i choose them as everyone i spoke to says they are as good as the BOSE but £150 cheaper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-iGroove-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B000I1HUGS/ref=pd_sbs_ce_img_1

[EDIT]

Heres how they look up close:

cimg0628gm7.jpg

That looks like an excellent speaker dock, unfortunately, i'm a poor college student with little money :( so it's a bit out of my price range atm. thanks anyways.

I was when I brought it, but I listened to many of the cheaper ones, but the kplisch is in a different world to most of the speaker docks, another one too look at is the jbl on stage 2 compact design with some good features.

Thanks for the advice guys, but I was really looking for an all in one system, as I only have a small bedroom and wanted something I can just plug in, throw my iPod into and listen to my iPod as it charges.

All you do with set up I suggested is put the iPod in the dock and turn on the speakers. (you have to choose the song ofcourse)

Your bedroom probably isn't as small as mine, and I have no space problems (actually, that's a lie, but the speakers hardly make a difference)

Hey guys!

Can anyone reccomend me a good quality, not too expensive speaker dock for my iPod nano? Been looking at them at Amazon and all the reviews seem very contrasting, some people say they have good sound quality, some say they have crap sound quality! So I thought i'd ask what you guys think!

Thanks a lot :D

Budget?

Why not just get some multimedia speakers? They may not look quite so flash but they tend to be better value for money

My budget is preferably under 50 quid.

@ Triple C- the main reason I want an all in one dock is for convenience, and so it can charge while I am listening to it. Plug sockets in my room are also awkward, i'd have to get an adapter to plug both a pair of speakers and a dock in.

intempo dock station :D

Under £30 when I bought them. And I love it. I plug it in whenever I'm tidying, doing homework etc etc. Had no problem and fits all ipods. Can even plug an mp3 player in, but doesn't charge that. I think the quality is good, but I may not be the best judge since it just sounds normal to me =]

You can also get black, white or pink. (I have white, my sister has pink)

intempo dock station :D

Under £30 when I bought them. And I love it. I plug it in whenever I'm tidying, doing homework etc etc. Had no problem and fits all ipods. Can even plug an mp3 player in, but doesn't charge that. I think the quality is good, but I may not be the best judge since it just sounds normal to me =]

You can also get black, white or pink. (I have white, my sister has pink)

Can you link me to it please? Looked on amazon and there's several different intempo ones. I think the one you have is 17.99, it has very good reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intempo-IDS-01b-Speakers-Docking-Station/dp/B000BX0SUI/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1200864986&sr=8-1

It even has silver in colour. The price has dropped quite a bit since I got them. Hopefully they are ok for you if you get them =]

Cooolio, they were the ones I thought you were talking bout :)

Will look in town to see if I can try them out in any of the shops, or i may just go ahead and order it, it's so cheap! Will think about it overnight :)

Thanks for your help Ell :D