NEurope
Emasher

Question About Metroid Prime 1&2

Just one more question. Do the first games compare more to the regions (in mp3) brryo(more focused on combat) or elysia (more focused on exploration)?

Just one more question. Do the first games compare more to the regions (in mp3) brryo(more focused on combat) or elysia (more focused on exploration)?

In MP1, there are a couple of regions with lots of dangerous situations and not much exploring, while other areas are much more focused on the exploration itself.

In MP2, due to the whole "dual world" concept, the two aspects achieve a balanced mix at most times (explore both worlds, all the while facing the dangers of the Dark World)

In MP1, there are a couple of regions with lots of dangerous situations and not much exploring, while other areas are much more focused on the exploration itself.

In MP2, due to the whole "dual world" concept, the two aspects achieve a balanced mix at most times (explore both worlds, all the while facing the dangers of the Dark World)

I find I prefer MP1 in this respect, as it is very hard to guess what's coming next, very unpredictable and this adds a lot to the exploration side of things. MP2 was very much explore-fight-explore-fight.

Just finished MP1 and started 2 again. This brought on by getting MP3 :)

MP1 is still 1 of the most engrossingly ace games ever. The only thing that got on my tits was the double final bosses - i kept dying on the 2nd one, then having to go all the way through that huge difficult room again then fight the 1st boss again before trying the 2nd one. The number of games i've given up on when they did that (Zelda Minish Cap, Sonic Advance 3, the list goes on)

MP1 is still 1 of the most engrossingly ace games ever. The only thing that got on my tits was the double final bosses - i kept dying on the 2nd one, then having to go all the way through that huge difficult room again then fight the 1st boss again before trying the 2nd one. The number of games i've given up on when they did that (Zelda Minish Cap, Sonic Advance 3, the list goes on)

Did you ever managed to complete MP2, then? Those Final Bosses weren't exactly a walk in the park.

The worst game for that was pokemon coloseum, you had to fight 5 (or was it 6) people, no saving or healing in between.

Did you ever managed to complete MP2, then? Those Final Bosses weren't exactly a walk in the park.

The final bosses in MP2 were a piece of cake compared with mp1. Which is sad. But I loved both games, specially mp1 and those planets will ever remain in my memory :)

The final bosses in MP2 were a piece of cake compared with mp1. Which is sad.

Really? How can that be possible?

Both forms of Metroid Prime were way easier than the kazillion forms of Emperor Ing AND the timed battle with Dark Samus.

Really? How can that be possible?

Both forms of Metroid Prime were way easier than the kazillion forms of Emperor Ing AND the timed battle with Dark Samus.

Agreed

The last form of Emperor Ing always took me down to my last energy tanks, while I could beat Metroid Prime in hard mode without losing any. MP2's final bosses were a lot harder.

Oh I didn't play that on hard :s

But really in mp1 the big boss was really hard however you can't tell the same for the final stage which was really easy when you get what to do, just like the fight against samus in mp2. And emperor ing I found it easy in fact. I died maybe 3 times to understand what to do anh well...beat it, but maybe it was because when I played mp2 I almost mastered in mp1 in term of controls so maybe it made mp2 easier to me.

:)

Never got to the final boss on MP2 before, i restarted it 2 - 3 times but just kept getting lost. Hopefully this time i'll break that habit...

Twilight Princess isnt even close to what echoes and alttp does in terms of alternate dimension. It's another dimension invading Hyrule and it disappears after a while, it isn't even part of the main game mechanic.

ya but some people(like zero puntuation) like to include it.. it only emphaises my point.. I can only name 3 nintendo games that do it properly... i'm struggling to find more. How could you be sick of the idea id it's only been done 3 times?

Not saying it's overdone or anything, but no one mentioned Ocarina Of Time. Not much interaction between the two worlds, but there is some (the well, the Biggoron sword, the Spirit Temple and probably some more).

I did find the Emperor Ing and Dark Samus a walk in the park. They're not that hard, nowhere near as destructive as the first Metroid Prime. The other bosses in MP2 were much more difficult however, like the Boost Guardian and Quadraxis.

I'm going to another EB games this weekend. I'll see if I can get both of them.

Any other GCN games I should look for before they're gone.

What I've got:

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

Star Fox Adventures

Pokemon Colosseum

Mario Kart Double Dash

Pokemon XD

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Bomberman Jetters

Sonic Mega Collection

Tales Of Symphonia

Baten Kaitos

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

The legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Animal Crossing

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

I'm going to another EB games this weekend. I'll see if I can get both of them.

Any other GCN games I should look for before they're gone.

What I've got:

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

Star Fox Adventures

Pokemon Colosseum

Mario Kart Double Dash

Pokemon XD

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Bomberman Jetters

Sonic Mega Collection

Tales Of Symphonia

Baten Kaitos

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

The legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Animal Crossing

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

super money ball 1 or 2(dont get the shit wii one)

F-ZERO GX(i can't stress this enough)

viewtiful joe 1(i havent played 2 but i assume its as good)

battilion wars(or just get the sequel)

soul calibur 2

resident evil 4(but get it for wii)

resident evil remake(and possibly 0... but i just never got on with o)

if i could pick one game though

F ZERO GX... Very under appreciated masterpiece.. Only disliked because the dickhead mariokart double dash fans found it too hard(not saying all of you)

Its twice the game any mariokart is.

Echoes is pants compared to the other two. The Light & Dark system mixed with backtracking makes for confusion and annoyance.

The worst game for that was pokemon coloseum, you had to fight 5 (or was it 6) people, no saving or healing in between.

Now THAT was hard.

Took me loads of goes to know which Pokémon would come out when, and what to have 1st in my squad etc. It didn't help that some pokémon weren't weak against many attacks.

I did find the Emperor Ing and Dark Samus a walk in the park. They're not that hard, nowhere near as destructive as the first Metroid Prime. The other bosses in MP2 were much more difficult however, like the Boost Guardian and Quadraxis.

The Quadraxis was a joke. You constantly regain energy while damaging him. I only died once because I was incredibly stupid during his last part, desperately trying to attach to his head without trying to aim directly at him and stun him.:blank:

The only bosses I found hard was Boost guardian and, to a lesser extent, the big fish-like thing. Spider guardian can also be a pain.

The emperor first form was really easy. In the second one, I completely heal myself and the third wasn't so hard, especially at full health.

The only difficulty of Dark Samus is finding the way to defeat her.

Overall, I found MP2 bosses less good than the MP ones. They especially miss the growing "buzz" talking about weapons and destrcuction power the have and making you shit in your pants before encountering them.

I found Quadraxis second part particularly hard because of the annoying drones it sends after you. Took me a while to find the right strategy to counter it. I also completely forgot about the Spider Guardian, which, although brilliant, is f-ing hard. The shark boss was totally easy however, just an oversized standard shark. Never got people's problems with him.

I disagree with the quality of the bosses you mention. I find the MP2 bosses to have at least as much personality, and that says something with classics like Thardus and the final bosses.

I found Quadraxis second part particularly hard because of the annoying drones it sends after you. Took me a while to find the right strategy to counter it. I also completely forgot about the Spider Guardian, which, although brilliant, is f-ing hard. The shark boss was totally easy however, just an oversized standard shark. Never got people's problems with him.

Everybody got his weaknesses.:heh: My problem with the shark was the trouble I had to avoid his charge. I think I found a way to avoid it quite efficiently during my playthrough on hard mode since I beat him but I couldn't remember how when I replayed the game recently on normal.

The drones are easy once you realize they are a lot less annoying when you destroy (with a super missile :heart:) their head first.

I disagree with the quality of the bosses you mention. I find the MP2 bosses to have at least as much personality, and that says something with classics like Thardus and the final bosses.

MP2 bosses are good too but overall I don't love them as much as MP1 bosses. Maybe it would be different if I played MP2 before. The "just before the impact crater" boss is also one of my favourite videogame boss of all time. I especially love how he seems easy at first but can easily beat the crap out of you in his second part with his destructive charge ... until I found the ultimate way to counter it which is the key to owning him. I was so proud to beat him on hard having nearly all my life.

I managed to find a copy of Metroid Prime. Great Game. Its a bit awkward switching between that and Prime 3 though. I can see why people wanted dual analogue control.

I managed to find a copy of Metroid Prime. Great Game. Its a bit awkward switching between that and Prime 3 though. I can see why people wanted dual analogue control.

No one did, its perfect.

dual analogue control.

And the game would be awful. I can't play games like that. Just can't

Yep. The control style is one of many things that makes the game feel like nothing you've played before.

You know that very first bit in the game, where you're on the landing platform with a gate in front where you have to shoot the small yellow locks?

This is the bit of the game where you experiment a bit. Can you fall off the sides? No. Can you turn quickly? Not so bad. Can you aim at the locks? What the bloody...

I'd be pretty sure that everyone's first reaction to that bit is 'This is unplayable! How did this game not only get good reviews, but have glowing praise for the control system?'

The reason being, of course, that Retro's unique control system is one of those rare gaming moments where a difficult game mechanic becomes second nature over time. The main reason people complain about the controls is simply because they haven't encountered anything like it before.

I personally think that the Metroid Prime games represent the best use of the GC controller that any game achieved. It literally feels like the GC controller was designed specifically for the Metroid Prime games. Brilliant.