NEurope
Tellyn

World of Warcraft

Froze my account today, with GTA tomorrow and Age of Conan out soon, won't have time to play WoW.

Sold all my primals/enchanting materials/skins etc, from TBC and bought 3 Nether Vortex's with Badges which I then sold on AH, reason for this is because I probably won't come back till WotlK, so might aswell sell all TBC stuff now. Made 6577gold in total (Mage has Epic flyer aswell ^^)

Just give Wotlk so I can have my Death Knight <3

My account didn't stay frozen for longer then like 5 hours xD

Really getting back into my Mage and Raiding, we got Fathom-Lord Karathress down tonight in Serpentshrine Cavern.

Also got a 10607 Pyroblast crit on a trash :heh:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4381/10000kg3.jpg

^_^

Yay Chris.

I hit 56 tonight. A rough level, not much going on, scraping through with XP here and there. I like it when there's a big zone with lots to do, like Tanaris. Tanaris was a blast.

New PC coming tomorrow so woohoo. Look forward to raids and such.

Yay Chris.

I hit 56 tonight. A rough level, not much going on, scraping through with XP here and there. I like it when there's a big zone with lots to do, like Tanaris. Tanaris was a blast.

New PC coming tomorrow so woohoo. Look forward to raids and such.

Come on, come on, come on. 58 sooooo close ^_^

57 and a half now, sat outside a cave in Winterspring waiting for a little mini-boss to respawn. Timed new PC with Outlands pretty well.

Gonna respec to Combat Swords maybe.

Ooh I cannae wait! Gonna roll a dwarf DK!

Nearly 61 now. Outlands is incredible, by far the best set of moments to date. It really feels like the game starts at 60. Ramparts bosses as well man: cooool shit.

yeah outland is WAY better than Azeroth. You can really feel the designers were acting on years of experience and feedback building it. I can only imagine how cool Northrend will be, if you'll excuse the pun.

Only problem I have is my questing partner (who I met outside DM way back when) isn't always on because he's not a tax-dodger like me, so the only options I have for the most of the day are PVP (mostly frustrating, sometimes blindingly fun) and Instancing (mostly frustrating, sometimes blindingly fun)!

I want progress!

So: I am installing Half Life right now. I started on EP1 last night and didn't feel it...I haven't played the first two for a couple years so I think I need a refresher.

last time i played hl2 was when i got orange box- played all through the 3 games in sequence and it's incredible

I mean I'm going way back, Black Mesa way back.

The first half hour is one of the best you'll find. The genius of the underground setting, and the context of Getting Out, means you always know where you're going. That genius is genius. Except now I'm going across the facility to get some science dudes together but that is neither here nor there. There should be more science in games!

I had this as a kid, and the two or three hours I've done now took me about a month back then. I remember all the big moments so far, the three-headed plant bird thing, the big fire-shootin ogre thing with the G Man in the control booth, the meat fridge, but I don't remember most of it, which is sweet. And I only played Half Life 2 all the way through once, so most of that stuff will feel fresh before the completely and utterly fresh Episode One.

I had to use a cheat though! At the bit where the tunnel collapses after plant-bird thing with the fuel-oxygen-power puzzle, the game autosaved and I had only 17 health, so I would die everytime the tunnel collapsed. After 10 minutes of trying I went GOD for a few seconds :heh:

WoW talk: 61 now, PVP'd for the http://www.wowwiki.com/Lieutenant_Commander%27s_Leather_Shoulders on AV weekend, because there's no better shoulders until http://www.wowwiki.com/Mantle_of_the_Dusk-Dweller and they only give 40 XP more. I had some free time, let's say that. I didn't go for the epic version (http://www.wowwiki.com/Field_Marshal%27s_Leather_Epaulets) because the armor and stamina boosts weren't worth the extra 6000 honour, not with my new 32 stam ring. The critical rating on the blue offers more crit than the agi on the purple. The Mantle of the Dusk Dweller is an upgrade on my blue shoulders but again only stam and armour, so worth getting if they drop in the Blood Furnace, which I went through last night and got precisely bugger all.

But: I did get http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadowrend_Longblade in Ramps. I am too lazy for the PVP swords, not until AB weekend at least.

ooooh that is way back.

I'd avoid pvp for now if i were you- you'll just get minced. Concentrate on the questing as pvp at 70 is way better.

Yeah, I only do it when my friend isn't on, and on an AV weekend, hang back and let the 70s do their work, and you can grind thousands and thousands of honor pretty easily. Not fun, but the weapons are certainly worth it. Armour les so.

Also: I got a new add on which sort of analyses the new rating systems from BC, as well as old style attr, and the PVP shoulders were so worth it. We're looking at 0.96 per cent crit added per 14 critical strike rating points, compared to 0.61 added per 20 agi. My old information was bad (curses internet!) so I ditched the PVP helm for an Outland green :( :/

So the purple shoulders with its 17 agi are nowhere near as good as the blue shoulders for crit, although they do add significant dodge with the agi.

woot woot, my guild is moving onto Illidan, 8/9 down in Black Temple, which isn't bad for a guild that only does 8 hours raiding a week :)

woot woot, my guild is moving onto Illidan, 8/9 down in Black Temple, which isn't bad for a guild that only does 8 hours raiding a week :)

OOO nice dude!

My guild can barely make it past High King and cant get Gruul below 50%....depressing....*sigh*

Sweet! Nice one!

My guild is currently 5/6 in SSC and 2/6 TK, we have made some very nice progress in SSC, just last week we only had Lurker down, so 4 more bosses in a week is sweet :heh:

Think its down to our new raidleaders, (Both are husband and wife btw) they are both are main tanks aswell! (BT geared to top it off!)

OOO nice dude!

My guild can barely make it past High King and cant get Gruul below 50%....depressing....*sigh*

Gruul is all about making sure people spread out when he does the ground slam, if you can sort that problem it's ez epics :)

I still pug Gruul's, need that damn trinket!

Nice guys. Which servers are you on?

I've been lurking at 62 for a while, got my Alch and Herb up to 320 each. Need to get the lockpicking up as well. Gathering is kinda nice, kinda stress free.

Went on our first Guild raid to ZG yesterday and had a great time, had the 5th best damage, and there were 8 70 DPSers, using SS/Slice and Dice. Look forward to taking down some of the big guys!

I was thinking of starting up on this. But I'm unsure if it's 'too late'. Can a newbie really introduce himself to the game now, or is it too saturated with experienced players?

Also bit of a stupid Q but: have Blizzard ever made any suggestions at developing a sequel ever?

unless you have some friend to play with it can be a bit hard getting started, not many people are doing the low level instances just now so you'd have to solo level a lot of the way

a sequel aint happening at the moment, they're still doing expansions for this one, the next which is due for the end of this year :)

I was thinking of starting up on this. But I'm unsure if it's 'too late'. Can a newbie really introduce himself to the game now, or is it too saturated with experienced players?

Also bit of a stupid Q but: have Blizzard ever made any suggestions at developing a sequel ever?

It is definitely not too late! In fact, this might be the best moment there's been to start playing WoW, with so much to look forward to as you level.

I started in March, and let me tell you, there are loads and loads and loads (too much DPS lolololol) of players doing the low level stuff on Dragonblight. I combined soloing and instancing without any trouble. Come and join us! I just started a Human priest alt!

And they talk about a graphical update every patch, apparently. I like it how it is to be honest.

It is definitely not too late! In fact, this might be the best moment there's been to start playing WoW, with so much to look forward to as you level.

I started in March, and let me tell you, there are loads and loads and loads (too much DPS lolololol) of players doing the low level stuff on Dragonblight. I combined soloing and instancing without any trouble. Come and join us! I just started a Human priest alt!

And they talk about a graphical update every patch, apparently. I like it how it is to be honest.

I'll start after exams then. :smile: Looking forward to playing with you all!

I think i may start WoW again after the exams, i havn't played since September and i'm yerning for mindless repetative clicking.

I think i may start WoW again after the exams, i havn't played since September and i'm yerning for mindless repetative clicking.

Are you going to start another chracter? If so it would be cool to join the same server, help each other e.t.c:smile:

What server do you guys mostly play on?

If you come to Dragonblight, I'll play an alt with you.

And it's not mindless :P!

If you come to Dragonblight, I'll play an alt with you.

And it's not mindless :P!

I'll start on Dragonblight today and post my username in here. Will start on a trial first.

Any tips on Aliiances, Race, Class?