NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Twozzok

Anyone know how to strip a really thin wire?

I'm trying to convert one of my old xbox cables to be a usb thingy so I can use a flash usb thing as a memory card,

Basically, the wires are incredibly think and I'm having trouble stripping them just with a wire cutter.

Any tips or tricks I can use to strip them without having to buy a wire stripper. (It'd just be cheaper to buy a USB Female -> Xbox Male thingy)

haha, Just realised using a scalpel to make a tiny nick in the insulator, then just bending the wire at that point just rips the insulator without riping the wire :D

Yeah, I used a scalpel, and just made a nick in the rubber. Then bent the wire ripping the rubber off :D

Also, Grunch, you're in cambridge? :o That's like 6 train stops away :D

I'm trying to convert one of my old xbox cables to be a usb thingy so I can use a flash usb thing as a memory card,

Basically, the wires are incredibly think and I'm having trouble stripping them just with a wire cutter.

Any tips or tricks I can use to strip them without having to buy a wire stripper. (It'd just be cheaper to buy a USB Female -> Xbox Male thingy)

use your teeth, ive mastered this technique

what he said, just use wire cutters for cutting it.. and forstripping wires which are too thick tochew through.

i went through 4 years of electronics doing it :D

Also, Grunch, you're in cambridge? :o That's like 6 train stops away :D

Only in term time. (so not now)

Sign in to follow this