NEurope
The Lillster

I have an idea for a new game website...

Wii Online Manager

Nintendo Wi-Fi Manager

Wi-Fi competition manager (I just really like the word manager, don't I?)

MatchMaker (that exists, doesn't it? Okay, let's kall it WiiatchMaker or MatchWiiker)

Or even better: WiiMatch.

Okay I'm all sucked dry of ideas. I can keep saying ridiculous stuff, but I won't.

Sounds like a great idea! I'm stumped as for a name though. Naming is always the hard part.

I'm not trying to put you down here, but there are other sites (DS-Play.com maybe?) which do this already...

Seriously, I've tried this before. I was first in the game with WiFiKarts but I couldn't compete with these massive sites with big budgets. If I had money I could've done something, but I couldn't afford to get a system built which made the tournaments for me.

I would've loved it to work and tried really hard but it just couldn't work without a proper system behind it. Even the automated leagues I did have didn't work because people just wouldn't play their games and I had to chase up everything.

Add me on MSN if you want to talk to me more about it. I've PMd you my address.

Yeah I have to agree with Moria. You'd be best off putting your all into organising some N-Europe tournaments on the boards, we'd then advertise them on the main site like the Strikers tourny. I've tried with a similar site before the launch of the DS' online service, there was severe competition from established sites, Moria's site and the fact that the Wi-Fi Connector stock was terrible. So the site numbers dwindled, we were eventually left with about 5 loyally active members, and we realised we couldn't do it.

I'm not trying to put you down here, but there are other sites (DS-Play.com maybe?) which do this already...

Seriously, I've tried this before. I was first in the game with WiFiKarts but I couldn't compete with these massive sites with big budgets. If I had money I could've done something, but I couldn't afford to get a system built which made the tournaments for me.

I would've loved it to work and tried really hard but it just couldn't work without a proper system behind it. Even the automated leagues I did have didn't work because people just wouldn't play their games and I had to chase up everything.

I loved WifiKarts/Gamers, it was a good website while it was up and running well!

I actually was going to post the same thing when I read the original post.

Yeh np. I've sent you a PM myself. Oh and you are already on my msn.

I've checked out that ds-play website, and i'm positive I can come up with something better. And theres going to be another big part of my website which I think people will like, but in order for the other part of the website to work, the Tournament part needs to develope first.

Anyway, i'll try and think of something.

Game, Set, Match Makers?

Now that's just silly.

I have a better idea: why can't N-Europe start shifting their focus a little? Yes, there are forums and there's the limited blog - but why doesn't N-Europe start their own matchmaking site? N-Europe matchmaker or something. All the people on the forums would autmaticly be registred, but it's not a forum: it's just a possibility to set matches and trade all WiiCodes before the match. This would make it incredibly easy and because N-Europe endorses it, it could become the best Wii Matchmaker.

Come on, N-Europe, start branching out and use your name for other projects, too.

Thanks for name advice, but the name doesn't have to be wii related or match related etc... I'm mainly looking for a unique name, i.e friendcodeswapers.com or something daft.

This is the kind of thing that reminds me of Mazzas-Place.

Would have been awesome if we had proper stuff in place.