NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Moz La Punk

HDTV Question (I know, shoot me)

I am sorry to start a new thread about this but I didnt saw an appropiated one.

Of course I'm getting the Xbox 360 (as well as the other next gen consoles) and I want to start with a bang - aka a HDTV. I want to pick one up soon but it has to be affordable. So I was thinking about the TV in this link, but instead of '127cm' one of '66cm'.

What I want to know is (because Im no tech person), is this TV great for games? I've heard rumours that it's too slow for playing over the internet or something or that it's 'faked' HD... but that seams silly to me.

This is the TV

I am asking this on multiple messages boards to get a good look at what people think of it. I don't want to fuck up something this expensive.

Thanks to everyone in advance. Revo Europe rocks, keep going on fellas!

Can't go wrong with a Philips.

No seriously, if the 66 cm version you mean is this one (without the crappy plasma screen), it should be great. It looks fantastic too :awesome:

Check the competition though, Philips is kinda expensive and Samsung has some nice screens as well.

YES Im getting one, and actually not the 66cm one but the 82cm one. Schweet.

Well thanks for your opinion at least!

I just wanted to make sure but since not a lot of people actually replied, I just asked in the store and they seem pretty confidend.

Anyway I've got it since today, but I hooked up my PS2, Cube and Xbox and I don't know, the graphics seem kinda blurred and certain bright colours definitely have white lines through them...

anyone knows what Im talking about and more importantly, knows how to solve it?

Being that the site is in dutch and i cant be bothered changing language. Phillips are known to use a dvi connection on the hdtv's, which is a connection not used for the 360, go for a samsung instead.

Your TV sounds faulty. I mean lines in white colours usally mean the Line Output Transformer is faulty. I'd take it back. Does normal TV display ok?

Being that the site is in dutch and i cant be bothered changing language. Phillips are known to use a dvi connection on the hdtv's, which is a connection not used for the 360, go for a samsung instead.

Ehh I just bought it... and it has DVI... so now Im fucked, cause I bought it for 360?

Ehh I just bought it... and it has DVI... so now Im fucked, cause I bought it for 360?

The 360 doesnt use dvi, however there may be an hdmi cable eventually which is the successor to dvi, which means it's backwards compatible with dvi.

Meh that TV can't do 1080i/1080p ... so lets hope Sony won't make their 1080p promise true!

It doesnt matter what your HDTV has, because its only good for games. Its going to be along time before Sky, DVD players and Digital Broadcasting go HDTV. Hence why I intend to hold orf a HDTV for a long long time.

It doesnt matter what your HDTV has, because its only good for games. Its going to be along time before Sky, DVD players and Digital Broadcasting go HDTV. Hence why I intend to hold orf a HDTV for a long long time.

Well apparerntly, according to others here, its also not good for GAMES so it does matter which HDTV I have...

Sir, Sky's HD service is out early next year.

Anyway I can get back my money the store told me so pfew for that.

That's it, only Samsung HDTV with... what was it again? VGA instead of DVI?

And many thanks to everyone who is helping out. You cant imagine how painful it is to come to this realisation when its in your home for a few hours.

Alright, sorry for the triple post but this is the last one.

I FINALLY found the TV of my choice. Damn it's hard to find the right one for gaming.

It's this one: http://www.samsung.com/nl/products/tv/lcdtv/le26m51b.asp?page=Specifications

It's Dutch but the specs are in English.

It's a Samsung LCD HDTV, and it says this:

PC Input D-Sub 15pin(VGA~WXGA)

Component (Y/PB/PR) In 1EA

Those are both for Xbox 360 input, right?

And a responce time of 8 miliseconds, also the best available.

The TV might be a bit small (26"") but Im just a feet away from it so it's ok.

Anyone got any opinions on this? And this one FINALLY has the right inputs for Xbox 360, right?

Alright, sorry for the triple post but this is the last one.

I FINALLY found the TV of my choice. Damn it's hard to find the right one for gaming.

It's this one: http://www.samsung.com/nl/products/tv/lcdtv/le26m51b.asp?page=Specifications

It's Dutch but the specs are in English.

It's a Samsung LCD HDTV, and it says this:

PC Input D-Sub 15pin(VGA~WXGA)

Component (Y/PB/PR) In 1EA

Those are both for Xbox 360 input, right?

And a responce time of 8 miliseconds, also the best available.

The TV might be a bit small (26"") but Im just a feet away from it so it's ok.

Anyone got any opinions on this? And this one FINALLY has the right inputs for Xbox 360, right?

That will work fine, that is the TV i always recommend for people who want one for the 360.

Thank God, you know how releaved I am? I mean, seriously, it can be a pain in the ass to get the right TV.

I know it can, it would prolly be a good idea, if i wasted my time writing a guide that it would be stickied, would anyone want that, as there seems to be a lot of people stuck on the HD matter.

Well it surely would've helped me ;)

I don't know, I thought I had done ALL the proper research you know, checked out all the different things I had to have for good gaming and XBox 360. Only this one little thing I forgot that mattered the most. I was almost crying when they brought the shiney new telly yesterday and I found out it was useless.

if your tv is only 26" then you want EDTV more than HDTV. if you're going HDTV you should have at least a 32" screen.

personally for me

SDTV = 4"-28"

EDTV = 28"-48"

SDTV = 48"+

if your tv is only 26" then you want EDTV more than HDTV. if you're going HDTV you should have at least a 32" screen.

personally for me

SDTV = 4"-28"

EDTV = 28"-48"

SDTV = 48"+

It makes no difference, still looks just as good.

personally for me

SDTV = 4"-28"

EDTV = 28"-48"

SDTV = 48"+

Actually, a smaller HDTV is the right choice for me. Since I'm very close to the screen (about 1 meter - sorry for the metric system), when I have a bigger screen I only see the fugly pixels more. 26 is aaallright. Besides, it really isn't that small. I have the Philips 32 in my room right now and that's big ass.

Alright I have it! It's not that big but just right for my room, plus the screen is SUPER clear and nice.

But I need to know if I can get 360 on hits sucka... so I'll post the behind too.

Please someone confirm this so I can be a happy chap.

HDTV.jpg

HDTV-BACK.jpg

360 will be fine on that. Very nice TV, much nicer than the older designed Samsung.

Sign in to follow this