NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Eenuh

Creating site in Dreamweaver: serious help needed fast!

Okay, so for our Interactive Media class, we were asked to design a site for school that would have information and images and all that jazz. After a while of working on it and showing it to the teacher, I now have something that is ready to be turned into a site.

Problem is, I have absolutely no clue as to how this works. We opened up Dreamweaver only once in class, and all we did then was paste a few images and write some text on a page. But we never learned how to actually turn an entire design into an actual working site and I everything I've tried didn't work.

And the problem is this thing should basically be done by Monday (5 pages I have to turn in). So if there is anyone out there who can help me to turn a page like this into a working site page, please help me!

index2.jpg

It's driving me crazy. =(

Try slicing it with Photoshop, you can then import it to Dreamweaver.

http://www.partdigital.com/tutorials/convert-web/

And more here:

http://www.good-tutorials.com/search/tutorials/slice

I actually did slice up a lot already, but I'm not sure what should or shouldn't be sliced (like for example what do I do with that frame thing I have?). Plus I can't get it to look anything like my actual design when I put it in Dreamweaver. =/

I think dreamweaver changes stuff to a web friendly design when imported. Also, did you create an actual dreamweaver site or just open an Html page.

I think dreamweaver changes stuff to a web friendly design when imported. Also, did you create an actual dreamweaver site or just open an Html page.

Created a new Html page and linked it to the right local root folder (the way we were shown in class).

This entire program looks like Chinese to me though. I'm more someone who needs to be able to click and drag everything into place then fiddle with numbers and code and whatever.

From what I remember doing, you slice it in the interactive parts such as buttons and areas where you update frequently with text, I don't understand what you have there but it seems to me that at least the news part will have some updates, so I wouldn't recommend having the text inside the gif.

As for Dreamweaver, I remember it being a hassle but it would usually import it as it was, changing it was the problem.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Alright, it's finished! =D

We were only supposed to do like, 5 pages, but I did like, half of my site. If anyone wants to see (don't expect anything fancy), here's the link: http://kunst.phlimburg.be/~2650053/websiteinespee/index.html

All the links on the left work, the Home button on top and you can check the gallery ("Galerij") in "Illustratieve Vormgeving". All the other galleries don't work of course (don't even have images for those subjects), as well as pretty much everything in the top menu.

I'm also not sure if it looks good in every browser, as I only got to test it in Safari and Firefox on my MacBook.

Glad it's done. If something isn't working properly, feel free to let me know. ='3

i think it messes up a bit in my firefox :(

eenuhqh7.png

Darn... I think that might be because your window (and screen) are a lot wider than what I made my version of the site for. Of course we never got told how big to make it so I just had to guess and went for what would fit on my screen... >.>;

I think maybe if you make your window less wide it'll fit on there, but I'm not sure. =X

(besides, I think we get graded mostly on the design and structure, not the technical aspects... hopefully)

Thanks for looking though! =D

Same on Opera also. Must've done something wrong with it there. Needs playing around with.

Looks good though.

Same on Opera also. Must've done something wrong with it there. Needs playing around with.

Looks good though.

Darn... guess it's cause I used my laptop, which has a different screen resolution?

Anyway, too late to fix now (wouldn't even know how to fix it...), as it's been handed in already. Teacher said it looked good though and was positive about it.

Thanks for looking. =D

Darn... guess it's cause I used my laptop, which has a different screen resolution?

Anyway, too late to fix now (wouldn't even know how to fix it...), as it's been handed in already. Teacher said it looked good though and was positive about it.

Thanks for looking. =D

good luck with the grade you get from it :D

note: i use a laptop too

Sign in to follow this