N-Europe

Late Late Toy Show 07

Mokong

Ok maybe a small explanation for those of you not from Ireland, Friday nights on Irish TV there's a talk show called "The Late Late Show" every year on the Friday of the first weekend of December it becomes the "Late Late Toy Show" showing off some of the upcoming toys and gadgets for Christmas, as well as performances from youth groups and some celebritys (Jerry Sienfield promoting Bee movie this year)

Anyway, of course every year i watch it as it's kinda like the marking of the begining of Christmas.

I usually watch it to see what kind of treatment video games will get (if any), i remember about 10 years ago there was one year where they had a decent games section, they had a guy come on to talk about the games/consoles who actually knew what he was talking about (i think he hosted a small games show also on RTE at the time), but since then it's been awful.

Last year there was a ray of hope, they actually had a Wii (this was before the Wii was released in Europe) so you'd think they could have done a good section on it to show it off, all they showed was Wii Boxing and it was done by the host who knows jack all bout games.

This year, you'd think with the Wii actually being out now and more games they'd be able to do a better job, can you believe it was actually worse. holy crap.

To talk bout the games they picked some random 11 year old or something :shakehead

The Wii was there hooked up to a nice TV screen with Mario and Sonic at the Olympics on it, you'd think they'd show the kid playing a race or something.... NO... not even a mention of the importance of this game being the first game these two rival mascots appear in together (obviously they once again know nothing bout what their doing)

the host asks him stupid questions like, "do you get lots of excerise while playing the Wii"? WTF? He asks the kid what his fav games on the Wii are of what he tested for the show, he said Olympics and Mario Galaxy... did they show anything of Galaxy, NO... next they move to another TV to show The Simpsons game on a 360... it didn't even work :heh:

Then the kid says he thinks the best game he played was The Simpsons... over Galaxy? Please that's a sure sign the kid hasn't been playing games long enough to know what makes a good game.:(

To end it the host then gives this speech how they couldn't show much of the games as to properly get into a game and show it off they'd need 10 - 20mins... WTF? You got Mario and Sonic at the Olympics hooked up, how long does it take to show off a 100m race, or pop in Galaxy and show the games opening or a quick level to show off the controls, the gorgeous design and beautiful music.... nothing, hell it seemed like they had planned to actually play The Simpsons game but the 360 just wasn't working :heh:

They didn't even have a PS3... not too sure what to make of that one?

Again i'm left waiting till next year to see if they actually realize to either do the games section properly or just don't bother if you don't know what your doing:heh:

The Toy Show has been unbelievably bad since Pat Kenny took over as host of the Late Late Show. I got home just in time to see Jerry Seinfeld, which surprised me a bit, and I watched for a few minutes, but then I had to stop watching once the annoying children started dancing.

It's such an amateur production, with the amount of money RTÉ get from the TV license and all the advertising you'd think they could produce something halfway decent, instead we get this crap. Half the products don't even work, and to make matters worse Pat Kenny has absolutely no charisma at all, so he can't even wing it!

In the Times newspaper the had a section written by teenagers about the best and worst things this year. The PS3 came as being popular and wanted, as did the elite, but the the they decided the worst present was a Wii!

I was pretty shocked considering how popular it is.

In the Times newspaper the had a section written by teenagers about the best and worst things this year. The PS3 came as being popular and wanted, as did the elite, but the the they decided the worst present was a Wii!

I was pretty shocked considering how popular it is.

They were probably sony and microsoft fanboys that wrote it.

LOL.