NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

The new 8800GTS! >_>

8ehtzcy.jpg

Say hello to our new, faster 8800GTS 512mb.

Faster than the 8800GT from initial specs, faster than the 8800GTX.

First details:

The new GeForce 8800GTS 512MB cards will replace the previous generation GeForce 8800GTS 640MB cards with a 65nm process GPU supporting PCI Express 2.0, HDMI and PureVideo Gen2. The GPU will have 128 streaming processors, 970MHz GDDR3 memory frequency, 650MHz core frequency and a maximum TDP of 140W, according to the sources.

Since the G92 graphics chip on which the GeForce 8800GTS is based has shown good performance after overclocking in the recently launch 8800GT series cards, several graphics card makers are planning to launch overclocked versions of the 8800GTS to boost demand.

GeForce 8800GTS 512MB cards are expected to be priced around US$299-349.

Thats... one hell of a graphics card. Good job i didn't get a GT.

And it'll still be redundant in a year. The graphics card market is impossible to keep up with unless you see a tag like "x-US$349" and the word "cheap" comes to mind.

At least they had the sense to make this one Dual Slot. I'll never buy a GT because it runs too hot and is way too noisy

Probably an ATi 3850 or 3870 for my next card, cheap, quiet and reasonably powerful

I'm probably going to pick this one up, depending how much faster it is than the 8800GT.

But seriously nvidia, clean up your product names, even I'm starting to get confused.

It is pretty bad. Why not just make them 8900s or 8850s? The 8850GT and 8850GTS would make more sense that multiple GPUs of the same name...

I wonder how cheap the old GTS cards will fly for now? I suppose i could always bag myself on of those if they are cheap enough

This mean the others will come down in price shortyly? I planned on buying an 8800GT after christmas.

I think the confusing naming is made on purpose. It's marketing.

A shop can overprice an inferior version of 8800 and an average Joe will check the 8800 on the box and say: "Oh! I've read on the interwebs that this is the most powerfull card on the marker. I'm going to buy it!"

Maybe...

The 9000 series is apprently being announced in Feb and ANOTHER new version of the 8800 series is coming out too.

9000 tech on a 8800 card, just with less speed.

It NEVER ends.

At least they had the sense to make this one Dual Slot. I'll never buy a GT because it runs too hot and is way too noisy

Probably an ATi 3850 or 3870 for my next card, cheap, quiet and reasonably powerful

I have an 8800GT, the XFX "Alpha Dog" edition, and it never gets hotter than 50 degrees, whilst my GTS could regularly get up to 70 degrees during long gaming sessions. I know the cooler is smaller, but I think because of this it's freed up a lot of room in my case to let the air move more freely.

I agree 100% with Jordan.

I dunno I wouldnt agree with him. Bit shifty IMO.

Atm I am just happy with my 8600gts caus it runs crysis on medium :yay:

I dunno I wouldnt agree with him. Bit shifty IMO.

Atm I am just happy with my 8600gts caus it runs crysis on medium :yay:

O_O

My 7900GTX only runs slowly on low X( God damn this wonderful 1900x1200.

I might buy this one instead of GT. It all depends when I get cash :P

O_O

My 7900GTX only runs slowly on low X( God damn this wonderful 1900x1200.

i have it on 1200 x 800 i'll cope :P

Sign in to follow this