NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hal_9Million

What will Microsoft and Sony say?

Regarding the Revolution controler I'll bet one word comes up in an interview

Gimmick

Lets see what Dictionary.com has to say about the word shall we?

gim·mick ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gmk)

n.

a. A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control of gambling apparatus.

b. An innovative or unusual mechanical contrivance; a gadget.

a. An innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project: an advertising gimmick.

b. A significant feature that is obscured, misrepresented, or not readily evident; a catch.

3. A small object whose name does not come readily to mind.

Is it just me or does this also match the criteria of certain Sony or Microsoft products? It's amazing how certain words get used in the wrong context all of the time, and people just accept it as trueth. It's the same reason the word "momentarily" became "in a moment" when it's actual meaning was originally "for a moment".

If they do, then that's great. They'll miss out this generation on games that aren't even possible on either systems giving Nintendo the advantage.

Also, what are the Xbox fans going to do when Nintendo has the best FPS of all three consoles? Whine that Microsoft should employ the same thing, or go the more plausible route and buy a REV?....Ya Microsoft and Sony are going to lose some market share.

I wouldn't be surprised if after this gen Microsoft offer to buy Nintendo again, but this time for double what they offered last time.

Yeah, I agree. but by how much remains to be seen. I don't think though, that this is going to tempt any Xbox or Sony fanboys from buying an Xbox or PS3. I think two things will happen -

a) People who wouldn't normally play games, start with Revolution (a la' DS)

b) For some others, it will become their "second console", snuggled stylishly next to some polygon producing monster in their living room.

I think what market share Nintendo has in 5 years time will indicate exactly how much the industry has actually expanded. If they come out with a smaller share, the industry is probably, actually, f&$%ed. And boring. I'm sick of shooting and racing based tech-demos! And FF7 spinoffs! Arrrrgh! Shouldn't a company like Square Enix be trying to do something new? Bah!

Sony will say; WTF is that, rofl, next gen is ours!!......(shall we steal the idea?)

MS will say; Stupid Japanese people; bigger is better....

edit-

I wouldn't be surprised if after this gen Microsoft offer to buy Nintendo again, but this time for double what they offered last time.

How can you already say something like that? There is nothing solid to base any predictions on right now, apart from one showing of a joypad, that tells us Nintendo are either gonna lose embarassingly, or dramatically reinvigorate the market; we don't know which yet though, do we?

Sony will say; WTF is that, rofl, next gen is ours!!......(shall we steal the idea?)

edit-

How can you already say stuff like that, when all you have is a few ideas and no thing solid to base your claim on.

It's a joke. Microsoft manage to contradict themselves loads. They'll say it's crap, and then 6 years down the line do something stupid like offer to buy Nintendo. I never said that it was based on the Revolution controller being a success did I?

Sony and Microdik will respond by making their console graphical power even better (for a slight pricetag increase) and extra coolers to prevent it melting away while playing lol.

Sony and Microsoft have always said that Nintendo is only going to appeal to a niche market and isn't a serious competition. They'll probably stick by that and see if the new controller design is a success, and then release a rip off a few months down the line and herald it as "redefining gaming."

edit-

How can you already say something like that? There is nothing solid to base any predictions on right now, apart from one showing of a joypad, that tells us Nintendo are either gonna lose embarassingly, or dramatically reinvigorate the market; we don't know which yet though, do we?

Can someone say PMS, why u always cuttin ppl up when they make predictions whats going to happen. They can say what they please it's fun to cheer for your team and they want nintendo to do well among other things. who knows maybe they can see into the future n nintendo is back on top. So stop tryin to be like trish or trisha on the old forums with the new upgrade to this site i think we can only handle one B***H this time around. So respect other ppls rights to say what they say.

Sign in to follow this