NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McPhee

New Keyboard and Mouse

With Unreal Tournament 3 just around the corner im looking at replacing my keyboard and mouse. Anyone got any good recommendations?

For the Keyboard i've been looking at the Saitek Eclipse and Eclipse II, really like the look of them both and they seem like solid boards. Theres the Razer Lycosa due out soon though which looks awesome! Budget £20-£30, i can go over but then i'll have to get the board later.

Mouse-wise im stumped, it's not the simplest thing to choose ever is it? Recommendations around £30 would be greatly appreciated, can go over if the mouse is something special

Oh yeah and im only interested in Black (silver trim is OK) stuff and only blue lights. That way it will tie in with everything else on my desk

I upgraded from a Razer Copperhead to a Revolution MX and I would definitely say it's worth it. Especially if you hate the cables as much as I do. The batteries last a solid 3 days and only take about an hour max to charge.

Not to say that the razer isn't a solid mouse, it would be my next recommendation.

Psst, I recommend the G15 over the Saitek and Lycosa, by far the best gaming keyboard. Although I haven't tried the lycosa, from the pics/stats it doesn't look as good.

I've got a Saitek Eclipse and its an awesome keyboard, think it was around £30 when I bought it. I highly reccomend it.

As for the mouse its all about the Logitech MX518. I know loads of people who've had copperheads and they break far too easily.

What ever you do, don't go wireless. Gaming wireless do not go together.

I've had 2 Logitech mice, the MX510 and the MX1000.

For the money, the MX1000 is by far the best mouse i've ever used.

Its stupidly accurate, incredibly comfortable, the rechargable batteries last forever due to it shutting itself down when not in use and i dread using my Microsoft one i have everyday at work.

I hate wireless mice normally, but the MX1000 is an amazing piece of kit.

I really, really like the look of the Saitek keyboard Ramar mentioned. Might get that one myself.

AWhile we're on this topic, so i don't have to make a new thread (sorry, thread stealing or w/e), anyone recommend a good mouse (wired), say.. £20 or less?

I've had 2 Logitech mice, the MX510 and the MX1000.

For the money, the MX1000 is by far the best mouse i've ever used.

Its stupidly accurate, incredibly comfortable, the rechargable batteries last forever due to it shutting itself down when not in use and i dread using my Microsoft one i have everyday at work.

I hate wireless mice normally, but the MX1000 is an amazing piece of kit.

Totally, I upgraded to the MX1000 after having a really awful cheap rubbish wireless mouse, and i'd never go back. It really is worth every penny gettin a decent one.

hmm, guess i need to try out some mice then.

i remember hearing a lot of good things about the MX1000 a couple of years ago (think it was the mx1000 any way?) so i'll put that and the Copperhead on my short-list.

Keyboards-wise im gonna go for the Saitek (prob the 1st Eclipse 'cause the 2nd is a tenner more, and all i'd gain is media keys and a changeable back-light).

I did think about the g15 but tbh im not sure i like the look of it and i don't really need an expensive gaming keyboard. I use this for most games: http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=9277

Only things i use a proper keyboard for are web-browsing and RTS games (where i need more keys than the Wolf King can give me)

I'd go with the Logitech G5 Redesign

I don't have it though but it's the same size as the MX518 (which I'm using) plus it is more accurate and you can costumize the weight. A friend of mine has it and he's very happy with it.

I'm not actually a friend of wireless mice. Tried two Logitech ones at a friend of mine and I find them too heavy to push around easily, especially on high sensitivity I struggle to push them only (for instance) four pixels or less and especially in FPS this can be the difference between a headshot and a miss.

Sign in to follow this