N-Europe

My Wii wish list

Tito

I would like to add a Castlevania game to this list.

Likelihood: 40%

Koji Igarashi, ie producer of Castlevania mentioned on several occasions what he thinks of a possible Castlevania on Wii. He's thinking about it, yet he doesnt know what it would be like. Apparently he's thinking about a 360/PS3 version for the next 3D entry in the series.

As for another Resident Evil title? Quite likely. RE4 exceeded everyone's expectations, RE:UC seems to be a hit title as well. So there's definitely the audience for it. Will we see a RE5? Probably not, unless it's seriously scaled down and lots of things removed. Would we want that? Eh, no thanks.

RE2 remake? Could very well happen. RE:UC doesn't cover much about RE2, apart from Ada part. Leon and Claire don't seem to be in there. So the main RE2 story isn't told in UC. I'd say it's quite likely. Capcom doesnt have time to think up a brand new RE title, which could hurt RE5 sales. So they'd either go for a remake or some kind of side-story.

To me, an RE2 title with RE4 setup would be awesome. I've never played RE2 anyway. Im all up for it.

Star Wars Wii

Wii-mote Lightsaber, Motion force powers etc...

It would be crazy if this was never made, I just can't believe there's been no news of it already! and therefore not sure if we'll ever see it!

Likelyhood: Maybe!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed has Force Powers and Lightsabres.

Resident Evil 5. Likelihood: You have no chance unless it bombs on next gen consoles.

New Metroid game: Likelihood: Seems fairly certain, but i wouldn't expect it this generation.

Final Fantasy. Likelihood: Not whilst Sony have anything to do with it.

Metal Gear 4. Likelihood: Same as above.

GTA. Likelihood: I'd eat my own testicals if this ever came on the Wii.

Dunno about specifically RE5, but I sure hope there'll be some RE that plays like RE4 for the Wii... Maybe a remake of RE2. I think it actually is quite likely.

I think there'll be a new Metroid game. There were 2 games on the Cube, and what games series was actually released in more than 1 new exclusive part on the Cube? Mario party? OK, Resident Evil.

A propper FF game would be a dream come true. The likellyhood aint that slim. Square-Enix, I believe, have in some interview expressed hesitation of releasing the next FF exclusivelly, or even at all for the PS3, since it's not selling very good. A remake of FFVII has been rumoured forever, and there's a gazilion games, movies and stuff based on FFVII. The Wii could be the format.

MGS4: Err... That aint unlikelly. Not unlikelly at all. Sony havent got a permanent exclusivity deal. Like with the GTA games of the past they have been limited to two years. MGS2 and MGS3 were both released for the Xbox, in Sububermegagreaatmonsterkillversions.

I think, and hope that MGS2 and MGS3 will be released with improved graphics and controlls.

Here are my hopes:

Nintendo FPS

Quite simply an FPS developed by for example Retro Studios, with vehicles, great online multiplayer, spot on controlls, a great story and awsome graphics.

PilotWIIngs

A new Pilotwings game, featuring the return of the assault chopper:

200px-Pilotwings_Helicopter.JPG

Nintendo GT

All the other consoles have 'em. The racer that contains TONS of cars, what you buy with ingame cash. Where the cars range from my cool, but cheap Celica '88, to the latest Mustang, and to Toyotas lates Le Mans ride.

Sony have Gran Turismo:

Foto+Gran+Turismo+4+Prologue+Signature+Edition.jpg

Microsoft have Forza:

forza_motorsport05.jpg

Sega even had Sega GT for their Dreamcast:

sega-gt-5.jpg

Now we want an equivelant. The GT chamionship released for the Wii launch had such potential, but it was ruined by too few cars, too few courses, cell shading, and a lack of lasting appeal.

MGS4 is totally unlikely. It's not technically possible.

Luigi Mansion Wii

That game had potential. Really underrated. A bigger game with Wiimote would be cool. Maybe a extended remake of the original.

Pokemon RPG

I'm talking about a real adventure/RPG. Not Stadium/Collosseum type.

Paper Mario 3

A true follow up. The platformer/RPG combo SPM didnt quite do it for me.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3

Come on. This is perfect for the Wiimote!

Starfox Adventures 2

I actually really liked this game. Have to be done in-house, Retro or something now that Rare is gone.

Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition

This could be done with an upgraded version of the RE4 engine.

Donkey Kong 3D Platformer

Made by the Mario Galaxy team!

GoldenEye 007 Remake

A bit unlikely with all the licensing trouble. At least I want a decent James Bond FPS for the system.

Metal Gear, FF, and RE5 are definitely NOT technically impossible. Of course, we're talking about a Wii port, we're not talking about PS3-like graphics on the Wii. None of these franchises belong to Sony, and if their sales disappoint, we just might see more "Wii Editions" in the future.

GTA. Likelihood: I'd eat my own testicals if this ever came on the Wii.

Careful, I'll hold you to your word! :laughing:

Rogue Squadron would be perfect.

Goldeneye remake is not going to happen, but once they get the bond license out of the fridge, (E.A sold it to activision, and considering the time it takes to develop a game these days, I wouldn't expect a new Bond game before 2009, or a rushed-in-time-for-christmas-Q4 2008 at earliest), it's only a matter of time before James Bond comes to the Wii. Even the Gamecube had Bond games!

But by far my most outlandish desire would be this: a full-blown Knights of the Old Republic RPG with real-time, motion-sensing light saber duels!

But by far my most outlandish desire would be this: a full-blown Knights of the Old Republic RPG with real-time, motion-sensing light saber duels!

It would be amazingly awsome, as long as the guys at LucasArts don't rush this one like they did with The Sith Lords.

But one thing: How would you combine real-time lightsaber duels with RPG?