N-Europe

Jean Charles de Menezes' Case: Your Thoughts

Falcon_BlizZACK

Was the man not an illegal immigrant anyway, henceforth he shouldn't have been there in the first place?

So the death of a fellow human being means nothing because his an immigrant and his working permit ran out? Mmm-Hmm, yep thats enough information to determine your cold-heartedness. One less immigrant eh? :nono:

Looked like he was trying to blow up a bomb, Jesus wept, if you believe that then I've got some magic beans you might be interested in buying. He didn't have any time to do anything, the woman sat next to him said he did nowt and at first she thought he'd been picked at random because he was closest to the door. Fact is any terrorist with half a brain would have used a deadman's switch so it would have been the Keystone Cop idiots who would have detonated the bomb by shooting him anyway. It was a massive fuck up, it endangered the public and killed one of them. If you're happy with these idiots not being held to account I just hope they're not in charge of protecting you next time you get a train because even Mr Bean could outwit these hapless bunch of dickheads.

Promote this man! : peace:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, the police were wrong, but the policeman who shot him didn't know better. He was ordered to, he belived he was a terrorist, so he did what he believed was for the good of the nation.

Also King_V, wishing death on a person's family just for them to realise something isn't nice at all. Thats pretty cold hearted.

So the death of a fellow human being means nothing because his an immigrant and his working permit ran out? Mmm-Hmm, yep thats enough information to determine your cold-heartedness. One less immigrant eh? :nono:

He was illegal, he shouldn't have been here in the first place. Read my post and you'll realise that you're twisting my words, I said nothing about him being an immigrant, I said 'illegal immigrant'. And by the way, I didn't say he should have died, I said he should have stopped. Compared to wishing death on my family, it's a bit mild, no?

Look dude I get that you're all happy with one less immigrant, but they're "Shit happens" excuse isn't enough.

Riiiight..What the fuck are you going on about now...Do you even read anyones posts?

Obviously you've realised you have no argument so are going off on tangents.

He didn't have any time to do anything

Actually; In court and on BBC news they stated he put his hands towards each other, moron, so don't go making up shit.

the woman sat next to him said he did nowt and at first she thought he'd been picked at random because he was closest to the door.

Someone with an untrained eye and mind would think that he hadnt done anything wrong, especially as they were confused as to what was going on anyway, most people would have been the same.

Fact is any terrorist with half a brain would have used a deadman's switch so it would have been the Keystone Cop idiots who would have detonated the bomb by shooting him anyway.

Well for one; a lot of the terrorists seem to have less than 1/2 a brain; hence why barely any of their plots work (which you've actually talked about yourself).

PLUS, if there was a deadmans switch, the police where in a lose-lose situation, therefor it's better to have shot a terrorist due to the chance they didn't have one.

It was a massive fuck up, it endangered the public and killed one of them. If you're happy with these idiots not being held to account I just hope they're not in charge of protecting you next time you get a train because even Mr Bean could outwit these hapless bunch of dickheads.

Well, as previously stated, he was an illegal, therefor, to be honest, I now don't even consider him to have been the public, but a criminal.

And yeh, I am happy with them protecting me.

I'd rather they shot anyone if it was for public saftey. Which is exactly where society goes wrong; it's always about the rights of a criminal, not society.

Go live in Iraq if you're not happy with Britain's police.

The color-coded Terror alert system there and here is the most ridiculous thing ever. Its both a victory for real terrorists and an excuse for the government to operate outside of its constitutional scope, in this case, not giving the suspect due process.

Also, police should be carrying non-lethal means of incapacitating a suspect. Is a hasty bullet to the head really the only option here?

Also King_V, wishing death on a person's family just for them to realise something isn't nice at all. Thats pretty cold hearted.

Well, so be it. If thats what it takes to make people realise and recognise how sick this 'incident' is and not brush it off as Britain's 'RED ALERT' Protocol, then yes I stand by what I said.

I'd rather they shot anyone if it was for public saftey

Where to even start...

Go live in Iraq if you're not happy with Britain's police.

You're the one unhappy with the way our legal system has been hauling their ass before the courts and slapping them with an H&S rap, maybe you're the one who should pack your bags. The Iraqi police seem to do what they want without having to answer to anyone which is why some of them have ended up so corrupt they're basically insurgent death squads in uniform, sounds perfect for you.

In court and on BBC news they stated he put his hands towards each other, moron

Could you link me to that story? I'm just interested to know if that info came from the CCTV (or the CCTV which wasn't 'lost' at least) or from the police. You know, like the info about him wearing a bulky jacket in summer, looking like an arab terrorist, jumping over the ticket barrier, the lie about them telling him to stop outside the station, saying they identified themselves as police even though passengers say they didn't etc etc. The officer's account in the leaked IPCC report didn't say anything about him putting his hands together, it sounds like he didn't have a chance.

A google for "jean charles de menezes hands together" doesn't yield much considering the third result is this thread.

EDIT: This is the closest thing I could find, the officer saying he was worried his hands might instinctively come together, nothing about JCDM actually doing it or attempting to do it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/menezes/story/0,,2186469,00.html

"Given the nature of the subject we were deployed against I had to make an assessment within seconds. I was concerned that his hands may come together and instinctively pinned his hands to his side.

Strange I can't find a reference to this thing you claim I'm a "moron" for not knowing. Are you sure you've not simply mis-remembered it? A lot of people in this thread seem to have sucked up various half-truths and outright lies from the media coverage, things like him having a bag or running away from the police. The cynical among you might think releasing misinformation and retracting it later was intentionally to do this, muddy the waters and hope people rememebr the allegation but not the retraction. Even the stuff the security forces claimed about his immigration status is a bit unclear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4713753.stm

Security sources said Mr Menezes had an out-of-date visa, but his family denied this. Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said he believed he was legally in the UK.

The differing views of the security forces and Jack Straw may come from the fact that the the British government has encouraged illegal immigration for years through the Inland Revenue's issue of CIS4 cards without confirming immigration status. If he JCDM had one of those and his Visa ran out (or even if he got one after his Visa expired) he would have technically been residing here illegally, but while working in the UK legally and and paying tax legally.

An innocent man got killed.

There is no way you can talk this right, not even with all the Red Alert crap or saying he was a casualty of terrorism. The police and intelligence department messed up royally and took the life of a person who had done nothing wrong.

I honestly don't understand how you can say they did the right thing.