NEurope
chairdriver

Mafia Game #2 - Game Thread

So what was

"a cab def"

In the end??

Lol, i was so amazed at how much that all confused you! It meant nothing, it was an anagram of "bad face". It came about from when The Mayor was killed because someone 'hated his face'. Unfortunately nobody actually worked it out! :heh:

Lol, i was so amazed at how much that all confused you! It meant nothing, it was an anagram of "bad face". It came about from when The Mayor was killed because someone 'hated his face'. Unfortunately nobody actually worked it out! :heh:

...that was it?

I was expecting a deep riddle for us to figure out to lead us to a clue..

The Mercenary - Sprout

You are a mercenary. You will work for anyone that has the money.

Players will earn a credit when they partake in a successful lynch ie. if they cast a vote for the person that gets lynched.

At night, you may PM me with the player you wish to work for.

They will be informed that you wish to work for them, and depending on how many credits they have, they will inform you to do a task.

More details about this role will be sent to you as the game progresses.

Your win condition is still a mystery. You just try and keep yourself alive, ok? But keep collecting those credits! You never know what you’ll need the money for…

The credits did nothing, and his powers didn't really do much, apart from forcing people to stay quiet.

Basically, if he lived long enough, he'd get a power that actually did something worth-while:

You have collected enough credits.

You have decided that you will no longer remain neutral.

With your newly bought arsenal of weapons, you are convinced you can rule this town.

You will win when all the evil people are dead, and 4 or less townspeople survive.

Your night ability has changed;

Every night, you may either;

1) Kill another player. (Be careful though, there is a chance this may lead you into a comprimising position.)

2) Protect another player. The player you protect will be immune to being killed.

3) Defend yourself. You will be immune to being killed at night. Be careful not to do this too often though, it could have it's drawbacks.

4) Bribe another player to vote the way you want them to vote the next day. PM me with the player you wish to bribe, and the player you wish them to vote for.

Basically he was the wildcard at the end with amazing powers, which each had their drawbacks. (He would have been outed as evil if he had killed one more time)

...that was it?

I was expecting a deep riddle for us to figure out to lead us to a clue..

No such luck i'm afraid! It really was just to wind you all up, it worked better than i thought it would.

A red herring. It meant nothing.

As did the "13 amulet", which did nothing. It was just put in there to make people more paranoid.

Its pretty coincidal that the game ended on day 13. That wasn't planned at all.

I was expecting some funky shit to happen on day 13 :Þ

The Psychic - Brian Mcoy

You have the power to mind control people.

Every night, if you choose to use your power, you must PM me with the name of 2 players. The first player you choose will be mind controlled. They will then use their power they have on the second player you chose.

You are good. You win when all threats to the town have been removed.

Ironically, he did the most to help the town, and the most to kill innocent townies. He controlled Jayseven to kill Haggis, thus he knew who the killer was, and he managed to kill the Godfather.

The Judge - Shorty

You are the town’s judge.

Once during the game, you may end the voting for a lynch before a majority is reached. If you do, the day phase will end early, and the person who has the most votes at the time when you use this power will be lynched.

To activate this power, you must post: “The jury has made its decision. They must hang!” (in bold) in the thread.

You are good. You win when all threats to the town are removed.

Sorry Shorty for giving you a shit role, but play in the third game and hopefuly you'll get a better one!

The Psychic - Brian Mcoy

Sorry Shorty for giving you a shit role, but play in the third game and hopefuly you'll get a better one!

Mcoy is happy there will be a third game :)

The Jester - thunderer

You love causing trouble, and playing tricks on people, pretending to be evil for a laugh.

If you get receive the majority vote to be lynched, you will not die. You will live, and instead be immune to being killed at night on the next night.

You are good. You win when all threats to the town have been removed.

This power worked surprisingly well. It was an experiment to see if it worked, and it did, so it will probably feature in some more of my games in the future.

The only time the mafia tried to kill him was after he had just been lynched!

THIRD GAME CONFIRMED!!!!111

TEH WII IS TEH BEST AND TEH PS3 SUX!!!

[/fanboyism]

The Anarchist - The Fish

You despise everything about the concept of a written law. You strive to create a world where freedom is more important than anything else.

You have done your homework, you have figured out who is a law enforcer in the town:

Mr-paul

Sanchez

AshMat

Strider

Shorty

You are neutral / evil inclined.

You will win when all these players are dead.

You do not have a night power.

I liked this role when I wrote it up. Its quite a challenging role aswell, you have to egg people to lynch goodies, but appear good aswell.

The Godfather - Haggis

You are the head of the mafia. But the problem is, you don’t have any goons to lead! You must recruit new mafia members from the townspeople.

At night, you must PM me with the name of a player. You will try to recruit this player into your mafia.

As your mafia family grows, more options will become available to you, but at the moment you have to build your family.

You are evil. You win when your mafia family dominates the town.

He would gain the power to kill when he had recruited three goons.

Ah, playing as the mercenary was a lot of fun. Well, 'til I died that is :heh:. And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddlin' darksnowman! Ah well, congrats to the winners.

Heh your role left my theory upside down after we found out you were doing it for the greater good :Þ

Ah, playing as the mercenary was a lot of fun. Well, 'til I died that is :heh:. And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddlin' darksnowman! Ah well, congrats to the winners.

I highly suspected you, too. With your crazy theories envolving evil policemen and psychics. Why did you people believed him? McCoy was obviously innocent.

And Sprout, when I asked you to steal from Haggis, I was hoping you'd give me something more than a credit.

Next time, I'm stealing from one of the inventors or magicians.

About haggis, I suspected he was the Godfather a couple of nights before his death. Too bad I was already dead.:heh: Probably one of the only right predictions I made.

One question, when I protected Sanchez (twice), the mafia killed nobody. When someone is protected, do the killer's attempt become futile, or will they target somebody else?

One question, when I protected Sanchez (twice), the mafia killed nobody. When someone is protected, do the killer's attempt become futile, or will they target somebody else?

I don't think anyone ever tried to kill Sanchez whilst you were protecting him.

If they had, Sanchez would live, and it would appear in the write-up that the mafia had failed to kill.

Heh your role left my theory upside down after we found out you were doing it for the greater good :Þ

When that day started I was like "Argh! I didn't know I'd kill someone defending myself!" So I tried to make a post explaining my innocence, and shortly after posting it, BAM! thunderer goes ahead and lynches me anyway :heh:. I was all mad because you were lynching someone defending themselves when it clearly said there was a Mafia member right there! The town still won though, so it's all good icondancewm8.gif.

I highly suspected you, too. With your crazy theories envolving evil policemen and psychics. Why did you people believed him? McCoy was obviously innocent.

And Sprout, when I asked you to steal from Haggis, I was hoping you'd give me something more than a credit.

Next time, I'm stealing from one of the inventors or magicians.

I admit, even I thought I had gone crazy when I suspected Cube, despite the fact he was already dead. And I wasn't in charge of what I stole, that was decided by chairdriver. I also stole 2 credits and an African Tribal mask from Dyson for MoogleViper on Night 6.

Oh, and sorry for beating you up Ashmat. jayseven made me do it!

I don't think anyone ever tried to kill Sanchez whilst you were protecting him.

If they had, Sanchez would live, and it would appear in the write-up that the mafia had failed to kill.

Thanks.

Seems I ended up protecting nobody, then.:heh:

Jonnas got my back yo. 8)

Well, everybody thought you were a great asset. Mafia included. It surprises me nobody tried to kill you in the first days.

(Hence my Sprout suspicion. He was desperately trying to lynch you)

Oh, and sorry for beating you up Ashmat. jayseven made me do it!

That was you!

I forgot that was why i couldn't talk!

Why jay??

Why was Ashmat sucked in to the realm of death or something?

That was because of the spell you cast!

The first person to be voted for would be taken to the realm of the dead, and everyone else would think they were dead.

Basically, he sat out for a couple of days.

That was you!

I forgot that was why i couldn't talk!

Why jay??

I was able to pick who to work for at the beginning of the game. I picked jayseven on the second night, and he ordered me to beat you up. Because I'm macho or something. Yes...

That was the other one!

I couldn't talk for a day when jay had me beaten up by sprout.

The other day was when i couldn't talk because i was "dead" (btw, i knew at the time i wasn't actually dead)

When I recruited Dyson I got a spell cast on me too, that random one where you could only type that riddle. Was pretty annoying!