NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DomJcg

Presidental Candidates

well since next years going to be the big Indecision 2008 election i figured its time to review whos gonna run + who everyone wants to see run. I know alot of you are all "oh who cares about America" but lets face it, their politics is fun to know too least i think so

this thread was inspired by Stephen Colbert who the other day has announced that he is considering running for president possibly of just south carolina

Democrats:

Clinton

Obama

Edwards

Republicans:

McCain

Romney

Ron Paul

Fred Thompson

Rudy Giuliani

also, rumoured to run are the following:

Al Gore (former soon to be the next president)

Colbert (did a famous speech at a republican dinner where he insulted the republicans)

My view: I hope for the Democrats to win and therefore i want Clinton to win presidency

enjoy

In my view, Clinton will win (natch), but I'd rather it were Giuliani, Obama, or, of course, Colbert. :heh:

Yes, I know, I like Republican, I know, I know...

Still that must been he's fairly awesome. :wink:

In my view, Clinton will win (natch), but I'd rather it were Giuliani, Obama, or, of course, Colbert. :heh:

Yes, I know, I like Republican, I know, I know...

Still that must been he's fairly awesome. :wink:

why? also Giuliani? he is trying to ride the wave of 9/11 so very hard its just...disturbing, i mean bringing to light how much you did for the new yorkers in the aftermarth of 9/11 is fine, but to hold a fundraiser where people have to pay $9.11 is just...well odd

why? also Giuliani? he is trying to ride the wave of 9/11 so very hard its just...disturbing, i mean bringing to light how much you did for the new yorkers in the aftermarth of 9/11 is fine, but to hold a fundraiser where people have to pay $9.11 is just...well odd

Who ever came up with the fund raiser idea needs a good slapping, if not to be shot.

Giuliani is by far the most liberal Republican. He's a Democrat in all but name.

Clinton will introduce a world wide ban on video games...

Then again, anything can be better than Bush.

Fuck, if they put Satan himself in charge of America, it'd probably be better.

I don't know much about whoever is trying to become president, but as long as they're not another bush (or blair), I'm happy-ish

I'm still rooting for Obama. He seems to be the most intelligent and progressive of all the candidates.

Did i forget to mention that Clinton is 30 percent ahead than Obama and then 7 percent ahead of Guiliani?

=]

I've been rooting for Obama, but I don't really know their general opinions.

Pardon my ignorance but whats the difference between republicans and democrats.

[i don't really delve too much in to politics]

I would vote for Obama if I where American but he wont win. Dont get why everybody wants Hildawg to win though. Cant stand Guiliani either.

I hope Gore wins. America needs a good kick up the arse as far as environmental issues are concerned.

I like Obama, but I'm not that informed about it, so I'm not really sure.

Pardon my ignorance but whats the difference between republicans and democrats.

[i don't really delve too much in to politics]

Republicans are the ones that believe americans are their own person and as such they are all in favour of the whole costly health care, they believe in less federal government (want people to do their own things) and have lots of powerful families in thier party and last but not least They <3 God.

Democrats are more after less costly more free health care systems and more "we'll take care of the more important things" also <3 enviroment

Al did beat Bush didn't he? But there was some toss up with the votes in Florida.

Al did beat Bush didn't he? But there was some toss up with the votes in Florida.

Yup. Didn't numerous dead people vote aswell or something?

As far as I know (or so I heard), Al Gore is not a candidate for the presidential elections, even though people want him to after winning that Noble Prize.

Anyway, even though I haven't really been following stuff, Obama seems like a cool guy.

I'd vote for anyone who is willing to sign the Kyoto agreement, like clinton. Is any other candidate wanting to sign it?

And in America the one who wins is the one with most the states won over, not the one with most people. Which is ridiculous.

Yup. Didn't numerous dead people vote aswell or something?

someones thinking of the kennedy election ;]

basically it was a tie, and in florida (where jeb bush was) was needed to win by either side, and suddenly laws were passed which meant people with names of known criminals (ones in prison and so forth) couldn't vote

thus

Bush won

And in America the one who wins is the one with most the states won over, not the one with most people. Which is ridiculous.

It's really stupid: winning over a majority in California is harder than winning Alaska and North Dakota, but the latter option is worth twice as much.

It's not just winning states, don't forget each state has a number of electoral college votes. A desolate place like Alaska is only worth three, while Florida is probably worth about 20-odd. California is good for 55.

Sign in to follow this