N-Europe

Slow computer

Tales

The laptop in the house has had serious problem for a few months and it's about time it gets fixed. But neither me nor my dad know how to fix it. The problem is that the touch pad and keyboard don't work as they should. If I use the d-pad the arrow doesn't move right away, it teleports a second later. It's about the same with the keyboard, if I want to write something I have to press and hold the button for one to three seconds.

I have used several kinds of anti virus/spyware/badware and my father has used some Windows CD I think and the problem is still there.

Any ideas?

That isn't the battery directly.

Some laptops have a seperate sensor for battery life... its likely thats fucked and its usually on the motherboard.

In which case, you're in trouble.

Yes, it's an Acer.

Thank you for the help.

Shit, I just an Acer. Let's just hope my 'sources' are correct about the model I'm getting being a turn around for them, hardware wise...

Regardless, I have a mouse already, and I have a USB keyboard I use with my 360 that I could always put to use if needed.

Since its an acer your having the same problem I did. The only way to get it sorted is to send it to them via warranty. Here's a number that is on a sticker they slapped on mine when they sent it back. 08708531000. Also in regards to how short your battery life is, it is most likely down to wear from having a fully charged battery while your laptop is still in the mains. To find out how much your battery has worn out mobmeter

Just right click and select options and under battery info it will tell you how much your battery has worn out. If your laptop is getting a very short power time from the battery you'll probably be looking at a wear level of 80+