N-Europe

Laptop Screen

Slaggis

Hey! Can someone tell me, is 1280x800 on a laptop screen an ok resolution? Does it looks ok?

I ask because the laptop I bought has gone, well, crap and I am getting another. I am looking at the ACER ASPIRE 5920, it is perfect for my needs, but the screen resolution is just making me worry. I currently have one that is 1440x900. Will the new one look bad quality or anything?

Thanks.

EDIT: will I notice a huge difference going from a 2.2Ghz to a 2.0Ghz (both 4MB cache)?

It seems the 5920 has a 15.4" screen which makes it pretty lame that they're only giving you 1280x800 for that. You could fit 1650x1050 in that much space. It shouldn't really look bad but you should be prepared for a less screen estate.

No, you won't notice the difference at all.

It seems the 5920 has a 15.4" screen which makes it pretty lame that they're only giving you 1280x800 for that. You could fit 1650x1050 in that much space. It shouldn't really look bad but you should be prepared for a less screen estate.

No, you won't notice the difference at all.

Thats what I thought. They've ruined a great laptop with the screen resolution! The designers of the laptop must be crying themselves to sleep.

I won't? Right, I might get a Inspiron 1520 with a 1650x1050 and the same specs, just a 2.00Ghz processor instead. I can get one for £740 which is an alright price I think.

Thanks for the help.

I think the designers are more likely high-fiving each other over successfully cutting costs on a feature most people wouldn't realise is under delivering

Haha you're probably right. That laptop has been hugely popular in the UK, to the point you can hardly ever find one in stock. I almost bought one, but before clicking buy, noticed the screen. I'm so glad I did.

I can get one of those with an HD-DVD drive in for £799 (but with a 8600 gs insead), but with the screen resolution it's pretty pointless. (and the fact they lower the graphics card).