N-Europe

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

UziT

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished the game. Overall I'm really impressed with it; the grpahics are pretty shit, though I guess they have to be for all the destructable stuff (does it, I don't know, I don't know about that stuff). But the game was amazing fun to play, thought the controls were absolutely nailed. Story was pretty interesting too.

Overall, great game that I 100% recomend to any starwars fans and pick up when cheap to everyone else :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Recently completed this, and would like to share my thoughts. I had low expectations for this game, and despite being a big fan of Star Wars, i'm a bigger fan of good games.

I've been pleasantly surprised. While the visuals have been adequate at best, the audio has been sweet- top drawer stuff actually. Excellent score, great sound effects and pretty good VO work, all in DPL2.

Besides a wobbly camera,gameplay has been quite reasonable too. Motion QTE's weren't too great.

Story-wise, i've been impressed. Its an interesting story- and one which fits into the saga rather well. There are precious few games where i'm riveted by long cut scenes- and by long i mean anything more than a minute or so. By no means was i riveted by these, but they were adequately produced.

So far, its all rather average. But its the overall 'feel' of the game which lifts this from being just average- LucasArts' mantra of "kick ass with the force" really does shine through and elevate the game. Its definately worth a look if you like Star Wars.