N-Europe

What if they made Final Fantasy VII remake for Wii?

Falcon_BlizZACK

Almost every FF game has changed it's formula each time. It's either the battle system, the levelling system, or both.

Not really, they change small bits of the whole battle / leveling system but they all end up with the exact same foundations. I know they sort of change them but the whole package still feels the exact same.

I guess I'm just bored of Final Fantasy now.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a huge FF7 fan I have to say I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a remake on the wii. Then again, what I'd *really* like to see on the wii is an RPG that manages to make a huge impression on me again just like FF7 once did. For that, however, I think it will have to introduce quite a lot of novelties to the genre, at least compared to the RPG's we've seen for the past couple of years.

This is such a Playstation fanboy game - I've never understood why this game is found that good, probably much like they don't understand our Zelda love... Personally I couldn't be bothered with a remake, especially considering SE's milking of the FF7 story over the years.

Square have already violated Final Fantasy VII numerous times with their cold hard zombified rape member, to the point where the game has gone from above average RPG with fancy haired protagonists to something far more offensively bland and homoerotic. They just about managed to pull off the first enjoyable FF game in over a decade with number 12, don't encourage them.

This is such a Playstation fanboy game - I've never understood why this game is found that good, probably much like they don't understand our Zelda love... Personally I couldn't be bothered with a remake, especially considering SE's milking of the FF7 story over the years.

Don't you just hate it when a company takes a property it owns and uses it to sell other unnecessary titles with completely different gameplay that aren't even that good.

Don't you just hate it when a company takes a property it owns and uses it to sell other unnecessary titles with completely different gameplay that aren't even that good.

When the games are utter tripe - yes.

SE seem to be the only ones capable of slaughtering their franchises though. Oh, and SEGA.

Uh... Mario football, Mario tennis, Mario basketball, Mario golf, Mario baseball, Mario kart, Mario party, Mario...*gun shots*

How the F is any company as bad as Nintendo?!...S-E is no where near as bad...Gawd I hate these fanboys.

Well funnily enough, I enjoyed the Mario spin off's I played. It's not like any of them end up scoring as badly as stuff like Dirge of Cerberus, or Sonic Riders.

I'm not saying Nintendo don't do it, I'm just saying for the most part they seem to have some quality control where other companies don't.

1. Watch this: Top Ten Shit Mario Games There are a shitload of crap Mario spin-offs that people don't remember because they were well... shit.

2. Dirge of Cerberus was one poor game, Advent Children was a good movie, and Crisis Core is meant to have an excellent battle system going by previews I've read and I'm sure you have no idea what Before Crisis is like.

1. Watch this: Top Ten Shit Mario Games There are a shitload of crap Mario spin-offs that people don't remember because they were well... shit.

2. Dirge of Cerberus was one poor game, Advent Children was a good movie, and Crisis Core is meant to have an excellent battle system going by previews I've read and I'm sure you have no idea what Before Crisis is like.

Hey, I honestly don't care about Final Fantasy anymore. The DS had some poor spin offs too which put me off, and the GameCube one.

And I'm pretty sure most of them spin offs are from about 10 years ago, I don't see any of the Mario Party's there, non of the Mario Sports, nothing relevent to the discussion at the moment which is about the present.

It's a bit foolish to compare the Nintend of the 90's to the Nintendo of today, in many ways.

Hey, I honestly don't care about Final Fantasy anymore. The DS had some poor spin offs too which put me off, and the GameCube one.

And I'm pretty sure most of them spin offs are from about 10 years ago, I don't see any of the Mario Party's there, non of the Mario Sports, nothing relevent to the discussion at the moment which is about the present.

It's a bit foolish to compare the Nintend of the 90's to the Nintendo of today, in many ways.

Are you freaking kidding me? Cos if you're not, then is one of the funniest posts in quiet a while...Sooo, Mario charged Strikers is not a 2007 spin-off? And how about Mario Party 8!? I can name you plenty more 21st century Mario spinoffs...But, alas, the annoyance of ye wiiremote for a keyboard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Better than....wait for it...MARIO BROS. (the movie) and its pathetic cartoon series...Jokes on you. ;p

Are you freaking kidding me? Cos if you're not, then is one of the funniest posts in quiet a while...Sooo, Mario charged Strikers is not a 2007 spin-off? And how about Mario Party 8!? I can name you plenty more 21st century Mario spinoffs...But, alas, the annoyance of ye wiiremote for a keyboard.

You don't get what I'm saying. Nintendo still whore Mario, yes, but they seem to have a quality control which most other companies don't. Post-N64 and Gameboy, has there really been any bad Mario games? Only the Mario Party's stick out for that category and even they were pretty good until they reached about 5ish.

The Mario Sports arn't bad games which slap Mario on to sell, they're good games which are worth the money (the ones I've played anyway), whereas all the Sonic spin offs tend to be horid games as well.

I do wish Nintendo made some more new IP's or whatever, but you can't exactly say criticise the quality of the Mario games, just the quantity.

How the F is any company as bad as Nintendo?!...Gawd I hate these fanboys.

Let see... wonderful world of Sony, during last six years:

- Four Ape Escapes within five years (3 PS2, 1 PSP)

- Five Jak & Dakter games within five years (4 PS2, 1 PSP)

- Six Ratchet & Clank games within five years (4 PS2, 1 PSP, 1 PS3)

- Three Sly Cooper games within six years (3 PS2)

- Three God of War games within four years (2 PS2, 1 PSP)

- Five Gran Turismos within six years (4 PS2, 1 PS3)

- Three Killzone games within four years (1 PS2, 1 PSP, 1 PS3)

- Nine Singstar games within three years (8 PS2, 1 PS3)

- Four Wild Arms games within five years (3 PS2, 1 PSP)

"Gawd, I hate idiots that they don't know anything about what they are talking about." Don't you agree? EH?

S-E is no where near as bad...

Final Fantasy Agito XIII

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode

Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan

Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Final Fantasy XIII Versus

Final Fantasy: Dissidia

All these games are under work or just recently released. SE never milks anything, no sireee. Gawd, you fanboys are so stupid.

You can't really criticize any of Sony's games to be spin offs though (minus the Sing Stars). They just churn out the main series games a bit too quickly.

However, I'm sure Sony would make spin offs, if any of their franchises were big enough or memorable enough to justify it.

They were a bit guilty of it on PSP though, spin-off wise.

Let see... wonderful world of Sony, during last six years:

- Four Ape Escapes within five years (3 PS2, 1 PSP)

- Five Jak & Dakter games within five years (4 PS2, 1 PSP)

- Six Ratchet & Clank games within five years (4 PS2, 1 PSP, 1 PS3)

- Three Sly Cooper games within six years (3 PS2)

- Three God of War games within four years (2 PS2, 1 PSP)

- Five Gran Turismos within six years (4 PS2, 1 PS3)

- Three Killzone games within four years (1 PS2, 1 PSP, 1 PS3)

- Nine Singstar games within three years (8 PS2, 1 PS3)

- Four Wild Arms games within five years (3 PS2, 1 PSP)

"Gawd, I hate idiots that they don't know anything about what they are talking about." Don't you agree? EH?

*sigh* Wiseguy, "S-E" stands for Square-Enix NOT Sony Europe...Bet you feel a bit stupid now don'tcha?

*sigh* Wiseguy, "S-E" stands for Square-Enix NOT Sony Europe...Bet you feel a bit stupid now don'tcha?

Final Fantasy Agito XIII

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition

Final Fantasy IV Remake

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode

Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan

Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Final Fantasy XIII Versus

Final Fantasy: Dissidia

16 fucking Final Fantasy games!

All these games are under work or just recently released. SE never milks anything, no sireee. Gawd, you fanboys are so stupid. Furthermore, you claimed that any company doesn't milk like Nintendo, which was the claim I answered. Nothing about S-E in my quote.. So far I have shown you two companies that milk far worse than Nintendo, should I continue?