N-Europe

Ubisoft does it again...

pedrocasilva

We DONT (or at least shouldnt) need a 360 as well, though great if you can afford both. Wii should and will provide everything!........Except halo............

I would agree with you if the Wii provided the obligatory leap in graphics, necessary storage space, and online simplicity that should have been standard this generation.

Wii is a unique and worthy console but its certainly not the total package

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im never going to buy anything from Microsoft again the xbox360 is total crap i bought a new game 5 days ago ( Blue dragon ) and now my 360 has the crappy 3 lights of death problem im going to Sue the company

i never had any problems with my wii

its a shame that all the best games are for 360 if they where for the ps3 with online mode also i would have bought a ps3 , but the only things i hear when a game is anounced for both consoles you hear ( EXCLUSIVE FOR 360 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER not for ps3 ) :S the next generation i leave the next console from microsoft in the stores

im never going to buy anything from Microsoft again the xbox360 is total crap i bought a new game 5 days ago ( Blue dragon ) and now my 360 has the crappy 3 lights of death problem im going to Sue the company

i never had any problems with my wii

its a shame that all the best games are for 360 if they where for the ps3 with online mode also i would have bought a ps3 , but the only things i hear when a game is anounced for both consoles you hear ( EXCLUSIVE FOR 360 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER not for ps3 ) :S the next generation i leave the next console from microsoft in the stores

I wasn't sure how big this problem was. Makes me more hesitant about going Wii60

Ubi's casual games fund 360 and PS3 development

Buying into Ubisoft's casual range of games is going to fund its hardcore efforts.

The development and subsequent sales success of casual games on Nintendo's Wii and DS is an "extremely profitable" business for Ubisoft, according to the company's CEO Yves Guillemot, who told Reuters at the Games Convention in Leipzig last week that these games help to finance the costly development of games for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

Guillemot explained that the development of casual games costs anywhere from 1 million euros to 4 million, depending on how many platforms they're being created for. By comparison, a normal Wii game costs about 5 to 10 million euros, while an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 one costs from 10 million to 20 million.

Casual games are expected to contribute 20% of Ubisoft's revenue this year, which is up 10% on last year. Meanwhile, the entire games industry is attracting many more customers which are, according to Guillemot, "going to grow the market tremendously. I expect the market to grow by 50 percent in the next four years," he said, concluding, "It's a very exciting time for all the developers and publishers."

aussie-nintendo.com

Ubi's casual games fund 360 and PS3 development

Buying into Ubisoft's casual range of games is going to fund its hardcore efforts.

The development and subsequent sales success of casual games on Nintendo's Wii and DS is an "extremely profitable" business for Ubisoft, according to the company's CEO Yves Guillemot, who told Reuters at the Games Convention in Leipzig last week that these games help to finance the costly development of games for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

Guillemot explained that the development of casual games costs anywhere from 1 million euros to 4 million, depending on how many platforms they're being created for. By comparison, a normal Wii game costs about 5 to 10 million euros, while an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 one costs from 10 million to 20 million.

Casual games are expected to contribute 20% of Ubisoft's revenue this year, which is up 10% on last year. Meanwhile, the entire games industry is attracting many more customers which are, according to Guillemot, "going to grow the market tremendously. I expect the market to grow by 50 percent in the next four years," he said, concluding, "It's a very exciting time for all the developers and publishers."

aussie-nintendo.com

I wish it was that exciting for us gamers Ubisoft.

You Arseholes:grin:

It's their loss, once some other third parties swoop in and steal this market from Ubisoft they'll be left regretting it.

Ubisoft are enjoying the whole casual thing at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the market is going to become saturated and Ubisofts casual cash-ins will be left in the bargain bins once some other companies come in with casual games which have more quality.

Ubisoft are going for a short term profit strategy, and they're gonna be left regretting it once EA have stolen the casual market from straight under their noses.

I wish it was that exciting for us gamers Ubisoft.

You Arseholes:grin:

Lol, too true

These guys will definitly burn in hell.

Indeed, lets hope that wanker who gave the statement chokes on his own smugness!

The sad thing is, I went to TESCO the other day and both Prince of Persia the Rival Thrones and Blazing Skies were sold out, two cheap csh in games SOLD OUT. Plenty of profit for Ubisoft, how very sad indeed.