NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Pokemon Wii? Where are thee?

but final fantasy have been doing turn based for years and many other games. I don't accept that. A pokemon rpg with poekmon revolution battles would be brilliant but maybe a mammoth task

All these people that say 'it can't work'... How do you know!? And why the hell not? Collosseum and XD were just mediocre games - full stop; simple/rubbish story, boring locations, boring music, and ofcourse it wasn't online...But I still bought them - and I am not a hardcore fan - but I LOVE pokemon fights. (I also liked that trainer scenerio thingy in XD).

If they can make what I/we want - an adventure game, then there would be no need for a seperate 'stadium' mode... Pbr is for that.

All they really need is a deep storyline for the console audience.

Wouldn't it basically just be a pokemon game, but in 3D? That would be great.

Wouldn't it basically just be a pokemon game, but in 3D? That would be great.

But 'deeper' and more appealing to the console userbase. Think in terms of Zeldas made for the handheld and Zeldas made for consoles.

All these people that say 'it can't work'... How do you know!? And why the hell not? Collosseum and XD were just mediocre games - full stop; simple/rubbish story, boring locations, boring music, and ofcourse it wasn't online...But I still bought them - and I am not a hardcore fan - but I LOVE pokemon fights. (I also liked that trainer scenerio thingy in XD).

If they can make what I/we want - an adventure game, then there would be no need for a seperate 'stadium' mode... Pbr is for that.

All they really need is a deep storyline for the console audience.

The whole basis of Pokemon is training, correct? Its a slow paced thing that most people usually do while doing something else such as watching tv, chatting online and so forth...if its on the big screen, it'll be longer, more boring and restrict what people do. Pokémon by essence was DESIGNED for the handhelds, not for home consoles.

People who claim otherwise are just deluding themselves, majorly

The whole basis of Pokemon is training, correct? Its a slow paced thing that most people usually do while doing something else such as watching tv, chatting online and so forth...if its on the big screen, it'll be longer, more boring and restrict what people do. Pokémon by essence was DESIGNED for the handhelds, not for home consoles.

People who claim otherwise are just deluding themselves, majorly

Incorrect. Ev training etc is not a must, gaining experience points/levelling up is, and that is gained through battles - the cherry of the cake.

Incorrect. Ev training etc is not a must, gaining experience points/levelling up is, and that is gained through battles - the cherry of the cake.

Who said anything about EV training? I said training in general and thats through battles which people tend to do while focusing on something else

Who said anything about EV training? I said training in general and thats through battles which people tend to do while focusing on something else

Then QUIT and SAVE the game and come back to it when you're done!

I'll explain why it can't work step by step.

a) Pokemon is a game centred around Pokemon battles.

b) The battles in Pokemon are simplistic one-on-one (or two-on-two) battles.

From claim b follows that a Pokemon game requires the battles to be fast and quickly loaded ©

A 3D Pokemon game however, would have:

d) Loading times before each battle (to load each Pokemon and battle moves; these can't all be preloaded in memory)

e) Long attack animations; the simple 2D animations don't do it.

Both d and e are in disagreement with c. As the battling is what Pokemon is about (a), a 3D Pokemon does not work well. The gameplay is too simple.

Also, if a 3D Pokemon would really be possible and 'we' would want it as you claim, why wouldn't Nintendo have made one? Out of laziness? That's just naive. Maybe you have to accept that there are reasons for this which you don't understand. I think Nintendo has a better insight of what works and what doesn't than you do...

Well put DCK. As much as I would love a full-blown Pokemon RPG on the Wii I really doubt it's going to happen. Pokemon Snap was quality in it's day, they could do something else similar to that.

Quoted.

For.

Truth.

NO!

This is an incredibly stupid idea. Pokemon is all about TRAINING. It is not an ADVENTURE game. IF IT WERE, THEN BY ALL MEANS DO IT.