• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I meant to ask this a few weeks ago but did you guys ever read the reason for the Justice League looking so young on the JL relaunch cover? I cant remember if it was ever posted in this thread or not.

Its because the first arc is their origin and then the second goes forward to present day Justice League.

Yeah, it almost goes TOOOO far. Its still amazing though, obviously still way closer to awesome than not awesome.

I actually posted that before clicking the link.

I actually think it's just a bit...ridiculous. Actually, a lot ridiculous. I mean..havng several Kids Wolverine costumes? That's just...no. And it goes beyond collecting because you love the series when there seems to be no joy in the actual owning/whatever. Like, how does owning every X-Men colouring book make you happier? I understand statues/figures/things like that, and obviously comics..and art too, but it's too far. I hate to be the 'There's starving children in Africa' person since I hate that phrase and it's almost always said hippocritically (and it is here too), but then the THOUSANDS he's spent on absolute crap no one (him included) will ever use (or ever really appreciate) is questionable in my mind.

well up for it. DO NOT LIKE the new Supes get up though. I don't give two shits about the pants but it's armoured. Eugh. After all that brilliant work Waid did on Birthright, his costume should be entirely symbolic and decorative in my mind.

Superman's costume ruins the feel of iconicness. Wonder Woman's costume is brilliant. She looks suitably like a bad bitch, a cunt in that picture.

Cyborg also kinda lowers the tone. I'd rather someone else. Im so indifferent to him.

I honestly just don't know who it's going to be. The only logical ideas so far have been one of his clones as it'd be weird for them to go the route without spider powers and it would be a bit stupid for someone else to just get the powers (unless Fury had plans for a backup spidey seeing as he did like Peter)

My only thought for if they don't go with spider powers was Rick Jones who got the watcher powers and was helped by Peter during this relaunch.

I read Ultimate Spider-Man 160.

I love abrupt/done.

I hate since it was such a stunning series with really well-developed and loveable characters. I love Ultimate Peter Parker.

Mary Jane finally reaching her 10 speed charge click. 4 damage. Doing 2 due to Goblin having Invulnerabilty.

I hope

Green Goblin is dead, and the smile was purely symbolic. Ugh. Effing Human Torch ruining everyone's day. Iceman y u no wake up?

:(

I...am in two minds overall since there seemed to be no call for the event as a whole. There was so much to tell! I guess we'll see the extent of the 'Death of Spider-Man' in Ultimate Fallout. Still, it was done well, and not overly-dramatically. Sinister Six. Being caught in the Ultimates firefight, just having one final day that was too much for him.

Such a great series. I almost want to buy it all in trade now. I have a lot of it in actual comic form (up until Carnage), and have read the rest but I love so much.

ULT%20SM%20IFIFTY.jpg

What a great ride. :love: I'm glad Bagley came back for the final arc - while I thought thingie was a good artist, his re-imaginings of MJ and Gwen etc would have annoyed me had they been the final interpretations.

------- --------- ---------

I really want this.

51Hu2Fo78HL._SS500_.jpg

Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Omnibus Vol.1, released later this year - price on amazon is £52.50 (with an almost £100 rrp!?!?!). I need in my life. Just cause I feel like such a flop X-fan having not read anything from the 80's era (really).

Came to the realisation yesterday that it looks like i'll be using my local comic shop less and less now. I use Amazon for trades that are already out and in stock, Reed Comics for new stuff that isnt out over here yet and my comic shop for older hard to find stuff. I was in there yesterday though and I realised that id bought most of the older stuff that interested me and because they hike up the prices I wont be getting any new stuff from there.

Its a shame really as id rather be getting stuff from there but its just too expensive in comparison. Like with X-Men Second Coming. £17.99 on Amazon, £20.69 with shipping from Reed Comics, £24.99 RRP and my comic shop was selling it for £27.

Trades are ridiculously priced in most shops. It's like...surely if they just went down to the Amazon prices they would sell better? I mean who would buy normally-priced trades from like...Forbidden Planet? Or just most comic shops (independant or otherwise).

I have, occasionally. Recently I bought Stark: Resilient because Amazon hiked their price and the cheaper indie sellers charge postage. The difference meant that I would have paid the same online as in store so I picked it up that weekend when I went to town anyway. Other than that, though, there's really nothing I can't buy online at a better price.

As I said I did pay those hiked up prices but it was only for the harder to find trades.

Also I do know that most actual shops charge more for trades, I just found it a shame that I wont be supporting my local comic shop more. At least shops like Waterstones, while still expensive are only charging the RRP. The prices in my comic shop are just too much now.

On the plus side though my copy of Second Coming arrived earlier so im just reading through that, been a while since I read the single issues. Still really enjoyable but Land's art in the middle of it is jarring as you'd expect.

I usually buy the Omnibus editions from Amazon as that's usually the cheapest place, my lcs is fairly decent for some trade prices and they don't go over RRP as far as I know, plus I like just going in and getting something there and then.

These places don't really have a chance to compete with Amazon and the likes on trade prices though.

Still get my single issues from a store, their conversion prices are fairly decent and they usually have stock of all the new releases

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!