Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Well both are dumb. It's kind of like how The Flash's costume is in his ring. I think that's pretty stupid but I can get past that because he's still the Flash sans getup. Hal Jordan is just a man without his magic ring and with it he's just like every other ring bearer.

Plus, all the colour coordination with the corps, just feels really contrived. These different corps are powered by emotions that are completely defined by (human) social constructs and yet must be a constant for this whole universe to work. It feels artificial.

I'm sure I've got something wrong but, yeah, Rebirth didn't make me want to know more.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I don't actually have any of the problems with the concept Daft has, I'm a firmly embedded/invested reader and lover of DC and Marvel. GL's just not a huge interest of mine. Behind Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc. Maybe a bit before Flash.

Well both are dumb. It's kind of like how The Flash's costume is in his ring. I think that's pretty stupid but I can get past that because he's still the Flash sans getup. Hal Jordan is just a man without his magic ring and with it he's just like every other ring bearer.

Plus, all the colour coordination with the corps, just feels really contrived. These different corps are powered by emotions that are completely defined by (human) social constructs and yet must be a constant for this whole universe to work. It feels artificial.

I'm sure I've got something wrong but, yeah, Rebirth didn't make me want to know more.

Don't let ReZ see you talking like that

So....much.....wrong.....can't....think....straight....gaaahh.

I just finished reading Rebirth, it felt very epic. I liked it.

Yeeeeesss. For the record, I havn't even read Rebirth. I might download it today. I plan on (finding) and re-reading Dynamo 5....because all my persuasion has made me want to re-read it. :p

So today, I've got a fairly free day, I'm gonna read Skullkickers 1-7, and I will probably gush in here about it. Then catch up on Deadpool, I'm about 8 issues behind, then Batman Inc (3-5...cancelled it). Then GLRebirth or Dynamo 5.

Peeps, you should read Secret Origin now. It will give more impact to certain stuff when certain stuff happens. :p

And Paj, I guess you don't like GL as much as the others because you've not read much? I mean...the mythos is just amazing. Like. Yes its camp...but...god. Its so cool.

And Daft - you sicken me...

Plus, all the colour coordination with the corps, just feels really contrived.

Mother fucker! Star Sapphires have been around for ages, and obviously the yellow power has too. Geoff Johns is the king of writing a story and filling in history of how it fits in, so it doesn't feel contrived. Agh. I want to stab you.

These different corps are powered by emotions that are completely defined by (human) social constructs and yet must be a constant for this whole universe to work. It feels artificial.

...............Whaaaaaa. What is....I don't even....why wouldn't concsiouse aliens feel this?

Look at it this way - all rings have translators, so lets say you put a ring on an ANIMAL. Any Earth animal....they would be bound to show some of the emotions in the GL Emotional Spectrum. Like its not even questioned. You're chatting shit about that. Aliens would feel all that shit too - possibly. I mean....what other kind of emotions are there/etc. Whaaaa.

Besides, the last sentence isn't quite true. Its just an aspect of the mythos, rather than something that is tying the universe together.

My friend is asking for Fear Itself, does anyone have issue 1 - 3 on their PC? Could you email me them please?

And Paj, I guess you don't like GL as much as the others because you've not read much? I mean...the mythos is just amazing. Like. Yes its camp...but...god. Its so cool.

/COLOR]

Maybe, but I know a general overview of the mythos and I'm not interested really. I'm not NOT interested. I just have far bigger fish to fry.

I hate Heroclix. All the coloured lanterns are really rare. I think the set after the Superman one is Green Lantern though (I think...do you know if thats right?) I'm gonna get a case of that shit.

I forgot to say something.

Happenstance; did you get that list from Previews World? (As I know that says something that I hope is a mistake)

GL:EW #11.

....is post GLWar.......

....GL the finale part is delayed till July. So why the fuck are they releasing it. Must surely be a mistake.

--------

Can someone PM me link to Myxss, its not working for me.

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

Mother fucker! Star Sapphires have been around for ages, and obviously the yellow power has too. Geoff Johns is the king of writing a story and filling in history of how it fits in, so it doesn't feel contrived. Agh. I want to stab you.

Just because other colour corps have been around for a while doesn't make the underlying concept stupid. Also what about Aliens who can see beyond the visible light spectrum. Is there an Infrared Corps? An Ultra Violet Corps? A Radio Waves Corps? Reeks of ethnocetricism.

...............Whaaaaaa. What is....I don't even....why wouldn't concsiouse aliens feel this?

Look at it this way - all rings have translators, so lets say you put a ring on an ANIMAL. Any Earth animal....they would be bound to show some of the emotions in the GL Emotional Spectrum. Like its not even questioned. You're chatting shit about that. Aliens would feel all that shit too - possibly. I mean....what other kind of emotions are there/etc. Whaaaa.

Besides, the last sentence isn't quite true. Its just an aspect of the mythos, rather than something that is tying the universe together.

Why would you assume aliens, or even animals, experience emotions in exactly the same way we do? That's pretty ethnocentric, too. For instance, it's debatable whether most animals feel emotions at all.

Anyway, you enjoy it so that's fair enough.

I hate Heroclix. All the coloured lanterns are really rare. I think the set after the Superman one is Green Lantern though (I think...do you know if thats right?) I'm gonna get a case of that shit.

I forgot to say something.

Happenstance; did you get that list from Previews World? (As I know that says something that I hope is a mistake)

GL:EW #11.

....is post GLWar.......

....GL the finale part is delayed till July. So why the fuck are they releasing it. Must surely be a mistake.

--------

Can someone PM me link to Myxss, its not working for me.

I got the list from another forum but they got it from Diamond so I dont know really.

Have you tried deleting your internet history/cache/cookies etc? I really dont understand why MyXSS isnt working for you.

I hate Heroclix. All the coloured lanterns are really rare. I think the set after the Superman one is Green Lantern though (I think...do you know if thats right?) I'm gonna get a case of that shit.[/color]

Have you seen the Gravity Feed / Fast Forces sets? (I'm assuming yes) Come on Salaak.

Just because other colour corps have been around for a while doesn't make the underlying concept stupid. Also what about Aliens who can see beyond the visible light spectrum. Is there an Infrared Corps? An Ultra Violet Corps? A Radio Waves Corps? Reeks of ethnocetricism.

Why would you assume aliens, or even animals, experience emotions in exactly the same way we do? That's pretty ethnocentric, too. For instance, it's debatable whether most animals feel emotions at all.

Anyway, you enjoy it so that's fair enough.

Your face is ethnocentric.

I understand what Daft is saying and it makes sense. But then...you have to get over it (to enjoy it). :)

It's like how alien races can somehow speak English. I prefer when they acknowledge they can't and have to use a translator. Like in X-Men YEARS ago (90's) a mutant Skrull joined and he couldn't communicate with the team because...why would HE know english (he was a prisoner of the Skrull for years for being a mutant)? They could use a Shi'Ar translator but...effort. I liked that. I think he learned English. Then left the team/died/who cares.

And I personally don't think they are remotely valid criticisms. Why wouldn't humanoid aliens feel emotions? And not all of them do even! The Guardians specifically don't feel emotions. And there is nothing saying that the aliens don't have slightly differing emotions, but due to fitting in etc/it puzzle/jigsaws into place for blahb;akask;lajbojdb

.s

--------

Read Skull Kickers.

Fucking crazily fun and awesome. Absolutely quality series. The back ups are great too - introduction, recipe with photos for a stew (sounds really nice), RPG stats (lol), etc etc.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!