• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Quite an odd choice for such a big event for the X-Men. Quick check on wikipedia and it looks like ive missed all his appearances since New X-Men so at least its something I havent seen in a while.

I was actually just thinking about this. Thats another thing I dont like about this whole Utopia setup. We dont get the excitement of whatever of seeing a mutant character we havent seen in ages when they were spread all over the world doing whatever they wanted. Now there are just too many mutants altogether at once. I really hope Schism lives up to its hype for mixing things up. Second Coming, while an enjoyable event at the time seems to have done barely anything.

What I really want to see happen is the 'five lights' story going from 'freak event' to 'new Mutant population boom'. I understand that the X-Office thought they ended up with too many mutants, hence M-Day, but the Mutant concept is so much more compelling when they're a growing group because it was always the motivation behind the Xavier Magneto split. Mutants were unquestionably the future, but how they got there was the key.

What Schism will hopefully do is create that similar concept but replace Xavier / Magneto with Cyclops/ Wolverine with a new ideological split for today's audience. I'm bored of the current survivalist vibe, honestly.

Yeah, funny isn't it? Finally we get the chance to see all our obscure favourites showing up fairly often, but...it just isn't as cool as you'd think. I almost crave more conciseness. Or at least for the Utopia residents to be used more. I like when a small team is the focus for an arc, but includes a mix of mainies and randoms, bit like they did in the JLU cartoon. Like the team Carey wrote for the Necrosha tie-in, when Proteus came back to life. Rogue, Magneto, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Trance (I think? Or maybe Loa.), Husk and Blindfold. And tbh Legacy is better at exploiting the fact they can use almost EVERY mutant now. I mean..who'd think we'd be getting character development for Joanna Cargill/Frenzy any time soon? :p

That would actually be a really interesting way to take it, having basically the same split happen again that happened years before (kind of a shame Cyclops, Wolverine arent better friends for it to mean more). Unfortunately theres no way it will last as long as the Professor X/Magneto one did. Either way though, the X books need to go in a different direction, theyve had good moments since Utopia came around but its missed whatever used to make the X books great.

I hate that the shift to trades happened around 2000 and its hard to get hold of stories before that. All this X-Men talk has got me in the mood for some of the older stuff but its just so hard to find. Its the same with Spider-man (and a lot of comics im sure but these are the ones ive looked into). Im starting to have bought a lot of the trades I want from this decade, especially when it comes to Marvel. As much as a lot of people hated the 90s for comics id love to start getting a hold of the stories.

90's X-Men :D. I loved Onslaught. I dunno why it's so hated. Maybe if it came out now it'd be considered bad. I honestly can't tell.

Still never read Age of Apocalypse. I started it then got sidetracked. It's so long. One day I will.

Yeah that's really it. So expensive. :(

I've not bought any trades since the v. cheap Morrison X-Men ones I found in Amsterdam in November. Gonna pick up Xenogenesis for a tenner on Amazon soon. Good price - saw it in Waterstones for 19 pounds. Um no.

Read up to UA vs. NU 4 and Ultimate Spidey 159.

I'm crying blood. I love like...no mercy for any involved. Doc Ock.

The Ultimate Six are back to lay waste. And I love how this series in general has made such a thing about the fragility of Peter's dual life/secret identity. Like May and Gwen having to run from town screaming when the Ultimate Six escape (again).

I love Ultimate Aunt May too much. My favourite ever comic book character. 6 range, 3 damage, Energy Explosion.

Just...too much is going on. I love how the most shocking bit was actually when

Carol Danvers got run over by a police car by mistake. Since it was like "FUCK" and shows how hectic the actual battle is.

Gregory Stark, I knew.

I don't want Ultimate Spider-Man to die. It's like...one of my favourite comics. :(

It's never been bad.

I love him. There's still so much for him to do. Fucking Punisher ruining everyone's day. :mad:

At least it's not like how the X-Men all/mostly died. Christ. Although in a way I still love Ultimatum and the tie-ins for just dealing so cruel a blow. Like..sorry Psylocke, if gunmen burst into the school, you would die. Sorry Cyclops, u were loved. Wolverine, you got a decent death, you can't complain.

Hang on. They killed Cyclops? Jesus, that's stupid as shit.

I partly love, as it gives yet more definition between Ultimate and non. But its still....I mean...yeah. It was Ultimatum so it is instantly linked with filth.

I very much doubt Peter will actually die

Yeah you're probably right. He will stop being Spider-Man forever though.

And honestly, I hope he dies. I hope its un-get-back-able from too. Like literally ripped in half.

It's never been bad.

Well the Deadpool arc was bad,....but thats....1 small arc out of 160 issues. Which is mightily impressive.