• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yes, do it! Whether that was or was not a joke. :p

Ha! This made me laugh.

Todd McFarlane realizes fans have been waiting a while for "Spawn" #200, but the creator of the Image Comics hellborn superhero is certain that readers will be happy once the final 56-page anniversary issue is in their hands on January 5 as it comes packed with pages by the likes of Greg Capullo, David Finch, Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Rob Liefeld, Ashley Wood...and a young newcomer to the art game named Robert Kirkman.

"He's now joined the ranks of me and Frank Miller!" McFarlane laughed, referring the Image partner and "Walking Dead" creator's move to the art boards. "We started as artists going, 'I need to write my own damn stories' and I guess he's gone the other direction."

Kirkman's contribution will be a four-page sequence he also wrote that ties into the delayed "Image United" series. "This harkens back to when we were creating 'Haunt' and he'd go, 'No, no, no, Todd. Like this!'" McFarlane said. "And then he'd sometimes just grab the pencil or even show me as I was drawing on the computer by doing these little drawings himself. He's show me what was in his brain, and some of them I thought were pretty good, especially relative to what I've seen other writers draw. So I've been bugging him and saying, 'Robert, you and I should do a couple of "Haunt" covers where if you give me a solid layout, I'll finish it.'

"He sort of snickered and laughed at it, but when I said, 'Hey! I need your pages for #200,' he must have remembered it because he went, 'I get to do the artwork on this, right?' And I said, 'Yes you do...as long as you don't get stupid on me.' Although I'm working on these last two pages, and he did get stupid on me, which means he makes me work real hard to ink it. I told him since he made me wait so long on the deadline, the layouts had to be fairly simplistic, which he didn't really do. He did it on the first page to tease me, and then on the second page I went, 'Ugh!' And with the third page too. He gave me a little break on page four, but man...this book's got to go to the printers on Friday, so I'll be working late into the night on Kirkman pages of all things!"

Cover looks fantastic. Finch, MacFarlane and FCO.

1292437170.jpg

Marvel’s AKA Jessica Jones Heading To ABC

Although Disney CEO Robert Iger revealed last month that three Marvel properties are being developed for live-action television, we’ve only known the names of two — until now.

Variety reports this morning that Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg is writing and producing a series based on Jessica Jones, the superheroine turned private investigator, for a planned fall 2011 premiere on ABC.

AKA Jessica Jones joins the previously announced Incredible Hulk and Cloak & Dagger in the television pipeline, but will likely be Marvel Television’s first project on the Disney-owned network.

Created by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos, Jessica Jones debuted in November 2001′s Alias — ABC can’t use that title because of the Jennifer Garner series — a Marvel MAX comic about an embittered former superheroine who, after a traumatic experience, gives up her costumed identity and opens a detective agency. But once she settles in, she discovers her services are sought by clients with superhero connections.

Rosenberg, who has been a producer and writer on Showtime’s Dexter, reportedly was drawn to Jones because the character is deeply flawed but with a biting sense of humor.

Bendis will serve as a consultant. Rosenberg, Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb, Marvel Entertainment’s Joe Quesada, Marvel Worldwide’s Alan Fine and 3 Arts Entertainment’s Howard Klein are executive producers.

Mark Bagley Returns to Marvel

http://marvel.com/news/story/14876/mark_bagley_returns_to_marvel

This is just awesome news, Bendis on Bagley on USM was an amazing team and I cant wait to get them back together one it!

can't really comment on the Bagley news since I've yet to read any of the USM comics pre relaunch :) (I am intending to buy the Ultimate TPB collections at some point)

I've actually enjoyed the art from the relaunch so it won't make much of a difference to me!

I suppose it's also a continuity thing, people get so used to it being drawn a certain way (100+ issues will do that) that any change is looked down on.

As long as it's still drawn well I'll still buy it :)

=========

see there's shitloads from Image on next weeks lists for me

Invincible, Chew, Savage Dragon, Morning Glories, Haunt, Dynamo 5, Mice Templar

I suppose it's also a continuity thing, people get so used to it being drawn a certain way (100+ issues will do that) that any change is looked down on.

=========

see there's shitloads from Image on next weeks lists for me

Invincible, Chew, Savage Dragon, Morning Glories, Haunt, Dynamo 5, Mice Templar

Invincible has been bumped to next week................

.............OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiddaaminute. Where's it say this?

Which reminds me....GOTG is pretty delayed, unfortunately.

Edited by ReZourceman

Probably part of it is a continuity thing yeah but this hasnt been the first change of artist. After Bagley, Immonen stepped in and he did a very good job and was liked a lot by USM fans.

I just dont like the character designs now, a lot of them seem to have been de-aged and they just look a bit weird. Peter especially doesnt look right to me (though he looks better now than at the start of the relaunch:

Bagley's:

4289-Ultimate.jpg

Lafluente's first:

l9x1y.jpg

Current:

fd91.jpg

LaFuente's work is great "in motion" i.e in the panels, when you read it through as a comic. Or at least his work is now good, can't remember my opinion on it originally.

That said, Bagley's work on USM was brilliant, best stuff from him I've seen. Much better than JLA anyway.

Well we still got comics here in Glasgow last week and the snow was horrendous here. So I wouldn't worry too much ;)

But the south are retarded! :p

Also I bought a car on eBay (gonna Red Lanternify it) but anyway...she hasn't messaged me back yet (only bought it yesterday) but there had better be no problems so I actually have transport to get there!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!